Looking in the mirror as a 30 year old is much different than it was ten years ago, and even five years ago. Something happens to our skin in our late 20’s. It begins to look dull, dry and fine lines even begin to appear. If I were able to go back in time, there are a number of things that I would tell my younger self in order to prevent aging skin. Tanning beds, late nights, and drinking too much in smoky bars never seemed to make a difference back then. Now, I wish I would have done more to control the future damage. I know that my skin will eventually age, but there are many things that I can do now to prevent the inevitable. With age comes wisdom, and these habits that I have taken on to prevent aging skin.
5 Habits to Prevent Aging Skin
- Stop the BAD Habits: Smoking and drinking don’t do any favors for anyone, especially when done in large quantities. Smoking reduces blood flow to the face. Add the toxic chemicals and you’ve got a recipe for deep lines and wrinkles. Those who drink heavily tend to eat worse, depriving their bodies of the nutrients needed for healthy skin. Cut down on both and you’ll see results in no time.
- Drink More Water: Our body and its cells are made up of mostly water. The way our skin looks is the first tell tale sign of dehydration. Without enough water, our skin tends to look dry and can appear wrinkly. Drinking enough water will ensure that our tissues are hydrated and can help to combat wrinkles and dryness.
- Eat Better: The old saying “You are what you eat” was right. Your body is constantly on overdrive to repair damage from the sun. If you do not properly fuel your body, it can not properly repair your skin. Feeding your body antioxidants and plenty of vitamins can go a long way.
- Stay Out of the Sun: Most aging is due to one reason and one reason only. Sun damage. Damage from the sun is also incredibly avoidable. We must stop sunbathing, wear sunscreen with SPF 15 and higher and avoid the sun when it is at it’s strongest.
- Invest in a Skincare Regime: A skincare regime is a great way to combat dryness, wrinkles and the appearance of fine lines and dark spots. This regime should include moisturizers with Hyaluronic Acid, sunscreen with broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection as well as Pro-Retinol.
We can’t reverse what has already been done, but we can take steps now in order to prevent further damage and combat aging. I took the L’Oréal Paris Revitalift™ skin consultation and found that the Revitalift™ Triple Power™ Day Lotion Moisturizer SPF 20 is the best moisturizer that I can use to combat the wrinkles that have been appearing on my forehead. L’Oréal Paris Revitalift™ presents the next generation of skin care, Revitalift™ Triple Power™ Deep-Acting Moisturizer. This powerful, luxurious moisturizer goes beyond a simple anti-aging cream to address 3 dimensions that visibly age skin: 1. Visibly reduces the look of wrinkles 2. Refirm Contours 3. Replenishes moisture. It is formulated with Pro-Xylane to penetrate the skin in order to help fight each wrinkle on your face. Within 1 week, my skin’s texture began to appear smoother. After four weeks, I can see firmer and younger looking skin when I look in the mirror. Take the skin consultation test to find out which product will give you the results that you are looking for! Be sure to follow L’Oréal Paris on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube!