I love getting creative in the kitchen, so when I took the Get Stuffed challenge from Good Cook, I was really excited! I knew I could come up with a great tasting burger that was diet healthy and fun! I chose the anything-else-but-all-beef category, just because I like to be alternative! So what does the Get Stuffed Challenge entail? You will get to see the best stuffed burgers in the universe, and then you get to vote! The contest will start Sept 3 and continues until Sept 17. You can vote for our burgers (ahem …mine) up to three times a day. Each vote will enter you into a drawing to win 1 of 10 Good Cook Burger Stuffing Kits featuring a burger stuffer, a cast iron grill, nylon turner, chef knife, cutting board, and folding grater. However, if you simply cannot wait to see if you have won or need to get started stuffing burgers right now, you can use coupon code: BurgerLovers for 25% off goodcook.com on the Good Cook Burger Tools.
I was trying to think of a recipe where I utilized all of the tools in the stuffed burger kit. I really like the quality of the kitchen gadgets that Good Cook sends me, so I knew it would be worth my while to learn to use a few new kitchen additions. The burger press was great and easier to use than I thought. Gone are the days of carefully forming patties and hand-making a pocket.
You just place your meat inside the press, and using the smaller end of the tool, press gently to form a pocket you can fill with yummy ingredients! I love the measurements on the side of the tool, allowing you to figure out just how big your burger is going to be!
Stuffing a good burger has now become super easy. You have a perfectly shaped hole so your stuffing ingredients are placed uniformly inside. The possibilities are as endless as your imagination.
Once you have formed your perfectly stuffed burger, grilling on the cast iron skillet is simple. Since it is cast iron, the heat is dispersed evenly at a lower temperature. I also am partial to the look of the score marks on my burger and pita.
Even my son was intrigued. He loved the burger and thought the surprise inside was a special treat. He didn’t even know he was eating all kinds of green veggies.
So are you going to vote for my burger? I’ll give you the recipe if you do! You can help me out by pinning some of the images from this post 🙂
- 4 peeled garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 t salt + to taste for sauce
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 t ground cumin, divided
- 1 box of frozen chopped spinach, divided
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 2 T fresh grated ginger
- 1 large jalapeño ribbed, seeded, and diced
- 1 grated cucumber (just the outsides – do not grate the seeds)
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Pita bread
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 T Sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Saute garlic until browned and oils are released, set aside
- On the cast iron griddle, butter or oil pita breads, grill, set aside
- In a separate container mix salt, 1 t cumin, cinnamon, cloves and pepper, set aside
- Defrost the spinach and squeeze the excess water out of it, set aside
- To make the filling use 3/4 of the spinach, add the goat cheese and sundried tomatoes mixing together, set aside
- Mix ground chicken, grated ginger, jalapeño, 1/4 of the spinach, and spice mixture until all ingredients are evenly distributed
- Divide mix into 3 parts, then divide each part into a 1/3 (for top) and 2/3 (for bottom), set aside
- Press the 2/3 part of the chicken mix into the bottom half of the burger press
- Press down to make a whole
- Add the filling into the whole to evenly reach the top of the side of the chicken mix
- Put the remaining 1/3 of chicken mix on top and press with the other end of the burger press to make a complete stuffed burger
- Slide burger press off of the chicken burger and grill with cast iron grill on medium-low/medium-high heat for 10 minutes on one side, covered until burger browned
- Flip the burger and cook covered for another 10 minutes
- While the burger is cooking mix the grated cucumber, 1 t cumin, lime juice and salt to taste for the topping
- Place burger on the pita and top with the cucumber dressing
You can win one of 10 stuffed burger kits by voting for a burger. I included the links below in the GT form for easy entry. You can vote for anyone’s burger up to three times a day, but I would love for you to vote for mine of course!