Dating, romance, sex, companionship, and love. These are some of the greatest parts of being alive. And as our culture changes and people start to open up about these matters more and more, these are experiences which are getting extended to more people, across all demographics. It’s common for dating to be more practiced by younger people. But older adults, with no upper limit, are starting to date more and more. Here are some reasons why mature dating can actually be some of the best dating you’ll do in your entire life.
- Everyone is More Experienced. By the time you’re in your 50’s, 60’s, or beyond, chances are you’ve been in at least a few relationships. Not only do you know your way around the bedroom, you’re also more confident interpersonally. If you’ve managed to get this far, with a healthy sense of curiosity and self respect intact, you will be an interesting and stimulating person to date. Other people of your caliber are also out there, waiting to be dated.
- You’ve Got More Time. This won’t be true for everybody, but with the kids out of the house and retirement happening, lots of older adults actually have more time for dating than they’ve ever enjoyed before. If this sounds like you and you haven’t dated, why not use some of your newfound time to get back into the game.
- You’ve Got More Money. Again, not true for everybody. But if you’ve saved and earned for many years, you may actually be in your financial prime. Use your resources to date well. Go exciting places. Taste amazing foods. Try adventurous stuff! You don’t need money to date well, but it certainly doesn’t hurt.
- Datable Mature People are Pretty Awesome People. Let’s not sugar-coat this. Some people let themselves go over the years. For the most part, these people aren’t dating up a storm in their old age. But some people stay sharp and fit for life. When you meet one of these people in the dating world, it’s actually really exciting. There’s something sexy about a person who has done the work to stay healthy and happy for life, and you’ll find that their joy is contagious, much like yours which got you where you are today as well.
- You Care About the Right Things. As people get older, their options get fewer. And that’s not always a bad thing. When you’re young, the weight of possibility can be heavy indeed, so much so that it’s hard to enjoy life. When you’re older, you don’t have to worry about developing a career, getting the kids to school ontime, and various other things that distract from enjoying the people you date. When you get older, chances are some of these issues will be of diminished importance, making for more involved dating.
Dating in later life can be a great experience, if you let it. Not everything that the future holds is bad, and it can actually make dating a lot better as you get older.