How are you doing this week? I am on week 16 with Medifast and I actually gained a pound. That is okay! I am still positive and full of focus, so this does not derail my efforts at all. I indulged a bit last week and the scale does not lie, darn it! I will be getting my new Journey Gym portable exercise equipment which is going to make a difference in my weight loss efforts. I bring up the Journey Gym and exercising because exercise is just one of the weight loss tools for success you will need to have in your belt. Here are the top five weight loss tools you should have:
- Plan: You need to have a good plan that is healthy, safe and approved by a doctor. For me, the Medifast plan has worked the best and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a yummy program that is easy to follow, has great food and lots of support. Which leads to the next tool you need.
- Support: Anyone who has lost weight and kept it off will tell you one of the keys to success is lots of support. I am lucky to have a supportive family, friends and my nutritionist from Medifast, Alexandra. If it were not for our weekly emails and her helpful tips and recipes, I don’t think I would have made it this far.
- Scales and Measuring Tape: You need a very dependable and easy to use scale to keep track of your weight loss. It is recommended you weigh yourself the same time each week in the same clothes and at the same time of day. You cannot measure the inches you have lost without a measuring tape, which you can find in any notions department. It is recommended you measure before you start your weight loss journey and then every 4-6 weeks until you have reached your goal. It is also a good idea to have photos to track your results as well.
- Water: I know you have heard it before, but you must drink that water! Studies show that successful weight loss was directly linked to drinking water. If you don’t like to drink water, try a flavor packet or a flavored water. Be sure to read the labels on flavored water because they can be hiding artificial ingredients or added sugar that you do not need.
- Exercise: Again, I know you know, but it is a must! You need an exercise routine, or you are going to lose less weight and will not be as healthy as you could be. Start with something simple that you can build on and that is safe. Also, remember to mix it up! Go for a walk one day, lift weights the next and maybe add in some yoga on another day. Variety will keep you from getting bored and burned out.
I hope these simple suggestions will help you in your weight loss journey! If you are interested in joining Medifast, you can visit them on their website to do so.