This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Pistachio Health Institute. Have you made any resolutions this year to improve your life? Among the most popular relate to changing the way you live you life. If you are not eating as well as you should or exercising, you are not allowing yourself to live the healthiest life possible. It may seem overwhelming, but if you take it in small steps and make gradual changes, you are more likely to be successful in your endeavors. Here are just a few tips to help you get on track to live a healthy lifestyle.
3 Ways To Help You Live A Healthy Lifestyle
- Choose Your Snacks Wisely: Snacking is a great way to keep yourself full and energized in between meals. The key is choosing the right snack which will fit into your healthy lifestyle. With pistachios, you get more “bang for your buck” so to speak. You can enjoy 49 of these tasty nuts compared to 23, 18 or even just 14 of other nuts. If you want to stay around 100 calories, just trim the amount down to 30 pistachios. I love to snack, and I love pistachios, so this is a great tip for me. If you follow the “Pistachio Principle” which tells you if you eat shelled pistachios, you are eating more slowly because you are taking the time to shell them. Also, when you see the empty shells laying around, the visual will give you a better idea of how much you have actually eaten. I think this is genius!
- Get A Super Hot Mom Body Faster: According to celebrity trainer Valerie Waters, if you combine weight training with your cardio workout and add that to healthy eating, you have it made! This metabolism revving workout plan and a commitment to eating a balanced and healthy diet, you can get that body of your dreams. The great thing about this concept is you can workout smarter and not harder. When you add the weights to your workout, you can workout for less time and get more results.
- You Are Just One Workout Away From A Good Mood: Valerie Waters also tells us the key to looking and feeling amazing is to workout first thing in the morning. Valerie explains you will not only feel virtuous for working out, but you will be mindful of what you eat the rest of the say as well. I know when I workout, I feel so much better, and starting my day this way is good for me and for everyone around me!
In my humble opinion, adding pistachios into my diet just makes good sense. They are a great source of fiber, which is key to keeping yourself fuller longer, which can help you stay on your healthy food plan. According to the Pistachio Health Institute, adding this tree nut is heart healthy! What a yummy way to make sure you keep your ticker working properly! Just 1.5 ounces of pistachios per day can lower your risk of heart disease!
As if you needed any additional reasons to eat pistachios, I wanted to add some info on their nutritional value. When you are working towards living a healthy lifestyle, you need important vitamins and minerals. These can be found in pistachios, like vitamin B6, copper and manganese as well as potassium, phosphorus and magnesium. Your body needs all of these for healthy organ function, a strong pumping heart and other factors. So what am I saying exactly? Want to get healthy? Go nuts! That’s what I am saying! Be sure to head over to the Pistachio Health Institute Facebook page and enter their Shine Like the Stars Sweepstakes. You just enter your name, address and contact information and you can enter once a day for the duration of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will end at 3:00 p.m. PDT on Friday, February 14, 2014.
3 winners will receive “Shine like the Stars Sweepstakes” prize packs, which include:
- (1) Valslides autographed by celebrity fitness trainer, Valerie Waters
- (1) Valerie Waters workout DVD
- (1) Valerie Waters workout instructions
- (1) Pistachio Health tote bag
- (1) Pistachio Health nut container
- (3) 8 oz. bags of pistachios
- (1) $100 VISA Gift Card
And remember to go nuts! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Pistachio Health Institute.
What are you doing to get healthy and fit in 2014?
I knew that nuts were good for you anyway because they have the good types of fat. I never tried pistachios except as ice cream. I guess now is a good time for me to finally try them as a nut.
Believe it or not, I’ve cut out soda. It’s been the hardest thing to do but I’m doing it. So proud of myself.
Yum! I love pistachios and I love that I can snack on them and they are good for me!
Such great tips here. I couldn’t agree more about healthy snacking and pistachios are a great snack!!
Comments are closed.