One of my favorite sporting events to watch each year are the winter Olympics. I find many of the winter sports like snowboarding, speed skating, the Skeleton and Figure Skating just exhilarating to watch. I have a heart for the U.S. Paralympic Team and think they are incredibly amazing athletes and are an inspiration to me. If you have caught the Olympic spirit and want to support Team USA, here are just 3 ideas for you!
- Watch The Coverage: One of the most popular ways to support your Team USA athletes is to watch the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. You can do so on your television, computer or your handheld device.
- Buy Memorabilia: Want to make watching the games and cheering on your favorite athletes even more fun? Wear a Team USA hat, scarf, gloves or other apparel.
- Tell Them You Care: How cool would it be if you could actually tell Team USA you support and appreciate them? With the new #ItsOurTime campaign from AT&T, you can! You can download an app from iTunes from Apple or the Google Playstore and record yourself chanting “U-S-A”. This app will allow the athletes to hear all of their supporters cheering them on their way to Gold this year in Sochi!
AT&T is a proud partner of Team USA and the Paralympic Team at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Their campaign is a great way to show Team USA how they inspire us. The app is super easy to use as it has step-by-step instructions for you. We did one in our house and it took just a few minutes. This is how our house supports Team USA with the #ItsOurTime app on Android phone. It is incredible the amount of time, effort and sacrifice our athletes give to be the very best. The fine athletes who are part of Team USA are:
- Shaun White: Snowboarder
- Shani Davis: Speedskating
- Meryl Davis: Ice Dancing/Figure Skating
- Charlie White: Ice Dancing/Figure Skating
- Justin Reiter: Slopestyle/Snowboarder
- Noelle Pikus Pace: Skeleton
- Alyson Dudek: Speedskating
- Heath Calhoun: Paralympian/Skiing
- Alana Nichols: Paralympian/Skiing
One of my favorite athletes is Heath Calhoun, who is a Paralympian skier. When asked what his favorite memory if his Olympic career was, he chose being selected to carry the American flag. Although Heath does not listen to music when he is on the snow, he listens to country and rock when in the gym. Some of his favorites are Breaking Benjamin, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, and Metallica. As far as good luck charms or rituals, he shaves his head each day before he races!
One USA reader will win a $100 Visa Gift card package to include a Team USA t-shirt, gloves, signed pictures, and more by answering this question in the comment section below:
Which Team USA athlete and/or sport are you cheering for?