Do you want to be able to apply drop dead gorgeous mascara to long, sultry lashes right the first time? Scroll through the tutorial below to learn to use your mascara brush like a fairy’s wand to get the beautiful, appealing eyes you’ve always desired for.
3. TIPS FOR LUSH LASHES
- Skip mascara or use less of it on your lower lashes for a more casual look.
- Toss away your mascara if it smells weird or gets more than six months old.
- To make the lashes look longer and farther apart, touch up a final coat of mascara to the outer corners of your lashes.
- Never, ever pump your wand. It will add air to your mascara leading it to dry out faster.
2. MASTER THE CURLER FOR AN AMAZING LASH LIFT
- Always remember to curl your lashes before applying mascara. Mascara applied lashes could stick to the curler and get pulled out.
- Gently fit your lashes into the curler pad by positioning the curler at the base of your upper lashes. Press the pads together firmly, hold for five seconds and then release. Do the same for your other eye. WARNING: do not do so for your lower lashes.
- For great lengths, place the curler along your upper lash line and go from root to tip in a slow, even motion.
1. SELECTING THE RIGHT MASCARA
To get thick lashes, hold the brush very close to the base of your lashes, wiggling it while moving up through the lashes so that it reaches every lash. Let dry for ten seconds and repeat once more.
- Black Brown and Brown pair up really well with warm eye shadow colors, like plums, golds, and olives. Use during the day for a more casual look. These colors add warmth while still pumping up the drama.
- Clear mascara gives you a pretty without feeling “made up” or artificial, while doubling up as a brow-taming gel. Use it when you’re looking to define your lashes but want your natural color to shine through.
- Black & Very Black are great for nighttime and pair well with most eye shadow colors and are best suited for times when you wish to add maximum drama. Curl your lashes for more intensity.