I have been a coffee, soda and tea drinker since I was a teenager. I also smoked for many years until I finally quit once and for all. When you punish your pearly whites with a lot of dark beverages and smoking, it can make your smile gross. For a long time I did not realize my teeth were not as bright and white as they used to be. As a matter of fact, until my kids told me my teeth were brown, did I know. How embarrassing! At least they had the decorum to say it at home instead of in the mall or at playgroup! There are some easy ways to keep your teeth from getting dingy and they are super easy to follow through on. Here are the top five I found:
- Drinks: If you are going to drink coffee, tea, soda or other dark beverages, here are two tricks for you. Either use a straw, which keeps the liquid off your teeth or you can rinse with a good mouth wash.
- Upkeep: It is easy to get caught up in our morning or night routine and forget that we do need to brush twice and day and floss. This will help keep your smile brighter.
- Fruits and Veggies: Crunch fruits and veggies have a mild abrasiveness that can help lift stains from your teeth. I guess an apple a day keeps the dentist away too!
- Sugar Free Gum: Chewing sugar free gum that contains xylitol can help keep plaque from forming on your teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: When you have tried all of the above and still have teeth that are less than bright and white, consider a teeth whitening system. The brand that I trust my teeth with is Luster Premium White. This company is one of the leaders in the industry for keeping your teeth bright, white and healthy.
Tips For Brightening Your Smile
I think that since my teeth have been stained for as long as I can remember, the above tips for brightening your smile can help me going forward. I knew I needed something that would give me a jump start to getting my teeth whiter. I felt the Luster Pro Light Teeth Whitening System was perfect for me because it did not require you to put strips or gunk on your teeth and then sit there forever. With the Pro Light, you get results twice as fast as strips and trays, is safe for your teeth, and will not hurt sensitive teeth.
I love that you are using a light activated system that is the same as what you would find in your dentists office. Also included in the kit is a mouth rinse that will pre-treat your teeth before you use the system as well a whitening gel for those deep stains. I can tell you the system is very easy to use and takes way less time that those other methods. I could see a slight difference in the color of my teeth and my husband said he could see a difference as well. I could not for the life of me get the before and after pictures to show it. I have a trip coming up soon and I plan to use the Luster Pro Light Teeth Whitening System regularly. In order to keep my teeth nice and white, I was also sent the Power Light Toothpaste which has a great taste and I can see a difference when I use it. I think the combination of the entire system is going to get me white teeth more quickly than I had imagined.
One USA reader will win one Power Light Toothpaste ($6.99)