This is the time of year our hair gets put through the wringer in more ways than one. The colder winter temperatures and dry air is not good for your hair. Another problem is with all the holiday entertaining we participate in, we are styling our hair more often than we usually do. When you combine these two, it leads to very unhealthy hair. Here are some great suggestions to help you from damaging your hair any further.
How to Keep It Healthy
- Shampooing: There are two things you need to know about shampooing your hair in the winter. One is not to do it every day and when you do, use water that is cooler rather than warmer. Frequent shampooing with hot water strips the hair of essential oils.
- Drying: Using a hair dryer can damage the hair and add to split ends. If at all possible, let your hair air dry as a healthier alternative.
- Hats: As much as we hate that “hat” head we get, wearing a hat outside is great for protecting your hair from the cold wind, temperatures and the elements.
- Hair Cuts: Keep your hair cuts simple and as maintenance free as possible. Even running your hands through your hair can add to splitting and breaking.
- Products: Using the wrong products can lead to damaged hair if you use too many or the wrong ones. If you use quality products like ER Fusion from White Sands, you can make your hair healthier.
White Sands ER Fusion
Dull, frizzy, brittle, dry. No matter what your hair emergency may be, White Sands Haircare’s emergency reconstructive treatment ER Fusion ($26) will fix it. This deep conditioner prevents and heals dryness and breakage, all the while softening all hair types. This heat activated treatment deeply replenishes hair from the inside out, creating results lasting up to 30 days after each use.The crème’s unique ingredients also create a clear micro-shield to seal in hair color, while lemon grass further enhances color with a high gloss. Utilizing a skin care delivery system, this mico-shield serves as a second breathable skin for hair, delivering moisture from the inside out to eliminates frizz. As nature’s most sophisticated moisturizers, ER Fusion’s weightless quaternaries further balance and adjust color. Increased flexibility, softness, shine and volume will emerge, guarding against future and current breakage patterns.
How do you protect your hair in the winter?