When you have kids, you get to add a few hats to your already large collection. Most of us already wear the CEO, cook, laundress, personal shopper and many others. With kids, we also become a nurse or doctor in addition to our other hats. We kiss boo boos, apply ointments and band aids and other serious medical procedures! I have been to nursing school and I have a lot of books on treating many ailments. But that does not always mean I know what the right treatment is for every injury or illness the kids get. I decided to see what we can do at home to avoid taking the kids to the doctor every time they get a boo boo. Here is what I found (of course, for any serious injuries or if any of the below persists, you should seek medical attention immediately):
- Bites and Stings: Vinegar will treat either of these for the pain. Some believe adding wet tobacco or tea leaves will also do the trick.
- Toothache: Placing a clove next to the aching tooth can diminish the pain.
- Diarrhea: Coconut water has shown to slow down and often stop diarrhea.
- Motion Sickness: Ginger works well for this. If you do not have fresh ginger, drink some room temperature ginger ale.
- Acne: Put plain yogurt on the area or single blemish and it will hasten the healing process.
- Yeast Infections: Eating plain yogurt will help minimize the symptoms of this uncomfortable ailment.
- Sore Muscles: Remember R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compress, elevate). If you have sore muscles from working out or over use and the R.I.C.E. does not work, you can apply a heat or freeze rub. For natural products that will take care of this problem, the products from Zim’s USA are great.
Treating Common Ailments At Home
Between the kids getting hurt, stung, having headaches and a myriad of other ailments, I am always treating something! I have been diagnosed with tendonitis in my right shoulder and it is killing me by the end of the day. It is recommended for you to swap with ice and heat and those will work for me to a certain extent. Depending on how I am feeling overall, I may prefer ice to heat and that is why I love the products from Zim’s because they give you both choices. Because they are all natural, you do not have those overpowering smells that other products leave and they do not burn like some I have used. I was sent a variety of products in the Max Freeze and Maximum Heat line and they have really helped my sore muscles and that tendonitis. Because they have such an extensive line of all natural products, treating common ailments at home with Zim’s USA products just makes sense.
The other gift pack I was sent is all about making your skin feel better. Caitlin gets really dry and cracked elbows and it really hurts. The products we have tried in the past have burned when we applied them and she would wash them off. With the herbal Crack Cream, Caitlin can use it on her elbows and I can use it on my dry heels. With a formula for day and night, you can use this product around the clock. I LOVE the Citrus Fresh Body Lotion, especially when I get out of the shower. My skin feels incredibly soft and it smells fantastic! My husband has found a great use for the Crack Cream Body Butter. He uses it on his head and he said it feels amazing. He keeps his hair very closely cut and he gets a very dry scalp. Since using this product, he said he does not get that dry and tight feel he had been experiencing. You really need to visit the Zim’s website to see their entire line which includes first aid, skin and body care, diabetic products and so much more. The products I received were included in the Crack Cream Complete Gift Pack for $25.99 and the Pain Relief Set for $26.99 (which can be customized).
One USA reader will win one product of their choice from any of the Zim’s products ($1.99-$19.99)Sweepstakes