I have gotten so much or my paper work all over the house that I decided I better look into organizing your desk at home. Before we got our desk, I was using any space available to work. I have a box filled with papers in my bedroom, one in the family room, and even one in the kitchen. It’s a wonder I was able to find anything! Now that I have a grown up desk, I decided to get some good tips on how to get organized. I know I will work much more productively and less stressed if I know where everything I need is located. Here are some great tips I found:
Organizing Your Desk At Home
- Get Rid Of Clutter: I have a habit of stealing pencils and pens and most of the time they end up in my pencil holder. The problem with that is I have now got so many writing instruments in my holder that you can’t get any out or in without a struggle. I know half the pens probably don’t work and the pencils are nubs, so the best thing to do is throw all of those away. Less clutter makes for less stress!
- Have One “Junk” Box: You need to have one container that can hold your miscellaneous items like a stapler, tape, ruler, etc. If you can contain all of your desk accessories in one location, you are going to be able to work much quicker as you are not spending time looking for things you need.
- Files: This is a two-fold suggestion; what to keep them in and where to keep them. You need to have a filing system that will accommodate all of your important papers. You also need to keep them in an accessible place so you aren’t jumping up and down every time you need to find a document. Every year, go through your files and shred any papers that are over a year old and you don’t need anymore.
- In and Out Trays: I need to have a place to keep my paperwork that I have not used yet and therefore is not ready to be filed. I needed two trays that I could use to put my pending papers in and then my ready to be filed papers in. This way, if a sponsor is asking me questions, I can access the paperwork immediately. There is one place I love to get all of my organizational accessories and that is Ideastream Products. This company has everything you need to get and keep your home organized for good. They have a huge array of products that are well-made, good looking and long lasting.
A Place For Everything
My kids roll their eyes when I tell them there is a place for everything and if they put their things where they belong, they can find them. The problem with that statement is I was not following it myself and the kids were all too happy to remind me! I was so happy when Ben from Ideastream asked if I needed any organizing products. Well, his timing could not have been better as we had just gotten a desk the week before. Ben told me to choose a variety of items that would get my desk in perfect working condition. I chose several items from three of the companies they work with; Vaultz, Snap N Store and Find It Products. Here are some of the great items I received from each company:
- Find It Products: I received (3) awesome tin pencil boxes ($6.99) with outstanding graphics like camouflage and colorful stripes.
- Snap N Store: I love the products from Snap N Store for two reasons; they are cool and they look awesome! This clever design allows you to snap together your products and they can also unsnap and lay out flat for easy storage. I received (2) Magazine Files ($5.99), (2) In and out trays ($8.99), a legal size file box ($11.99) and hanging folders ($17.99), a letter sized box ($9.99) and hanging folders ($13.99) and I got Christ a large ($9.99) and a medium ($6.99) garage box for keeping his stuff in.
- Vaultz: I LOVE the Vaultz products. Every product you get from Vaultz is the most incredibly sturdy merchandise you have ever seen and they all have locks!! LOVE IT!! I got each of the kids and myself a locking pencil box ($12.99) and a small ($7.99), medium ($9.99) blinged out index card box for each of the kids. I got myself a really cool smoky transparent box to keep all my misc. stuff in.
I love my desk! I have everything where I need it and it is right there! No more hunting down stuff I need and putting me behind schedule. The kids love their products from Ideastream as well. Caitlin has a desk in her room that she has set up with all of her new boxes and Henry has used his for all of his video games, styluses, batteries, etc. If you are looking for some very chic looking products that will get you organized, Ideastream is the perfect place to go!
Readers will receive 15% by using the discount code “Makobi” at checkout