Living in the south, I don’t usually need tips when buying winter boots for women. However, this year we have had some really cold and wet weather that is expected to turn to snow, sleet and ice soon. Bearing that in mind, I knew my family was going to need good boots for the weather. My husband and son each have boots that would be fine in that weather, by Caitlin and I don’t. It has been a while since I had a need for winter boots, and I wasn’t sure what to even look for. Here are some great suggestions I found:
Tips When Buying Winter Boots For Women
- Tread: Obviously you would need a very good tread to navigate the icy surfaces one will encounter with nasty weather. The best tread is an overall covering of the bottom of the boot. Be sure to check this area carefully as many of the boots available for women do not have an overall thread.
- Waterproof: A good snow boot is going to be waterproof and if there is any doubt, don’t buy it. Remember when you are outside in snowy and wet weather, not only do you need to stay dry for comfort, but for health reasons as well. Not only can you get ill if your feet are wet and cold for any length of time, but you can also be in danger of frostbite given the right circumstances.
- Lightweight: If you are out theretrudging through the snow, you don’t want to be weighed down with a heavy boot. You can’t exactly be dashing through the snow if you have a heavy boot on your tootsies!
- Support: Walking through snow is much like walking through sand, therefore making it slightly difficult to take a step. With you working a bit harder to pick up your feet in order to step, you need a boot with good support. If you are in the wrong pair of boots, spraining an ankle is a real possibility.
- Fit: If you were to combine all of the above, none will matter much if you are wearing a pair of ill-fitting boots. If your boots do not fit correctly and if you combine that with the weather conditions, you can hurt yourself. If there is one brand that will absolutely deliver on each of the above levels, it will be Teva. Teva has been a favorite of many for a lot of years and they are still making the best looking and most well-made footwear for outdoor lovers world-wide.
High Quality Boots For Women
If you are looking for high quality boots for women and men alike, Teva is a great place to look. I have been a fan of Teva shoes for years and they keep surprising me with their cutting edge designs and durable materials. I have some Teva shoes that are older than my kids, which should tell you something! I chose the Women’s Jordanelle ($170.00) in hot pink for Caitlin. Caitlin’s school has outdoor breezeways between classes and with the weather turning slippery; I wanted her to have a good pair of boots. Not only are these boots fantastic looking, but they are so lightweight and comfortable that you won’t believe it! I love the removable lining and the waterproof outer layer of the Jordanelle. An added bonus is that if Caitlin wanted to wear the boots to school but change into sneakers, the Jordanelle will fold down and fit nicely in her back pack! I know, right?! If you want to purchase some solidly built, good looking and affordable boots, Teva has you covered.
One reader will receive one pair of the Jordanelle ($170.00) in their choice of color and size, depending on availability.Sweepstakes If you love good deals, freebies and free samples be sure to check out the daily free sample