It seems like every day I turn on the news there is a new tech toy launching. From computers to tablets of all sizes, it’s almost impossible not to get caught up in all of the hype. In the world of marketing, there is something called the technology adoption lifecycle. This lifecycle ranks consumer use from those who must purchase that brand new tech gear as soon as it is launched, to those who lag behind and either never purchase or make their purchase much later than most. When it comes to tech gear, you can say that I live in a house of early adopters. We pretty much have it all, from smart phones to smart watches. E-readers and tablets to DSLR cameras. We are definitely not lacking in technology! With that being said, you might wonder where Aidan fits in with all of this? Since we are a tech savvy household, it is only appropriate for him to be able to play along as well. Technology is not something we want to shelter him from. As parents, we understand that technology can be overwhelming and even dangerous for toddlers. It is also obvious that technology is not going anywhere, and will most likely be the driving force of our future careers and industries. Therefore, we make sure he has plenty of safe tech items that can help to give him the early start he will need for success.
Toddlers and Technology- The 3 Best Tech Items
- Tablet: It seems like there are about a million different learning tablets out there for kids right now. The best learning tablet is going to be one that your child can grow with. Before making a purchase, take a look at the game offerings for the platform. Make sure the offering are age appropriate and in themes that your child will be interested in.
- Digital Camera: This is one of the most overlooked when it comes to toddlers. Toddlers love to explore and discover, and what better way to do so than with a camera? Find a camera that is sturdy enough to be dropped, thrown and kicked. You will be in for a treat when you sit down to preview your child’s shots!
- Smart Watch: Like mommy like son. I knew that as soon as I had a smart watch, Aidan was going to need one too. I could hardly keep it on my wrist long enough to set it up! A smart watch for a toddler is a great way to teach how to tell time, and especially about the importance of time management. It’s never to early to start!
Our latest tech addition for Aidan has been his VTech Kidizoom® Smartwatch. I have to say, this watch is pretty cool! He is able to take pictures, record videos and play build-in learning games on the go. The screen is a 1.4″ color touch screen and is completely customizable! The Kidizoom Smartwatch also boasts a rechargeable battery, alarm clock, timer, stopwatch, voice recorder with funny voice changing effects and parental game controls.
Kidizoom® Smartwatch (Ages 4 years and up; MSRP: $59.99) features include:
- 1.4 inch color touch screen
- Camera for taking photos and recording videos
- Voice recorder with 5 voice changing effects
- Special effects including customized photo frames, color filters and distortion effects; fun video frames
- 4 fun games, included
- Kid-durable design to withstand drops and bumps
- Splash proof and sweat proof
- Alarm clock with fun tones and animation
- Timer and stopwatch in kid-friendly themes
- 50+ digital and traditional analog displays
- Rechargeable battery
- 4 vibrant colors: blue, pink, white and green
- Micro USB cable for data transfer and battery recharging
- Access to Learning Lodge app store to download more games and watch displays
If your children are early adopters like Aidan, they will love their new Kidizoom® Smartwatch! You can find them for sale at VTech for just $59.99! Even better, one lucky US reader will win their very own VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch just by filling out the entry form below! The VTech product, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by VTech. Make sure you follow VTech on Facebook and Twitter for all of their latest and greatest product news and updates!
Is your child an early technology adopter?