My oldest daughter is moving into an apartment and I wanted to get her a gift. Last year Chelsea started collecting things that had mustaches on them. For Christmas, I got her a notepad, socks and a mug that had mustaches all over them. She got a really big kick out of it and I was happy to see her enjoying them so much. Now that I am looking for something for her new apartment, I wanted to find the perfect gift. Here are the top 5 housewarming gift ideas I found:
- Gift Basket: A gift basket filled with unusual cooking oils and spices or great smelling oils and soaps for the bathroom are perfect.
- Monogrammed Gift: A monogrammed ice bucket, towels or a serving platter would be a much welcomed unisex gift.
- Candles: A collection of candles in various sizes and scents are a lovely gesture and are sure to be used often.
- Greenery: A plant, flowers or a small tree for a new homeowner are perfect for adding life to a room.
- Welcome Mat: Who wants dirty carpets right after they move into a new place? Giving a welcome mat is perfect for a new home. I thought a welcome mat would be perfect for Chelsea and I found exactly what I wanted from a UK company by the name of thabto.
Housewarming Gift Ideas
I have a quirky sense of humor and love giving and receiving gifts that are unusual. I want to give a gift that when other people see it are drawn to asking where it came from and where can they get one! So, once I decided on the doormat, the next thing to do was find one she would love. When I saw the products from thabto (two heads are better than one) and how quirky they are, I had to have something! Well, guess what I found? A mustache doormat! Could anything have been more perfect for Chelsea than that? Let me tell you this is one of the finest quality doormats I have ever seen. It is made of all natural coir, which is made from the husk of a coconut. Chelsea is going to absolutely love her ‘stache mat and I cannot wait to see her face when she opens it!
Thabto got its start back in 2008 when they launched their Knuckle Duster mug, which is a hilarious coffee mug with brass knuckles as the handle. Steven and James, two friends who met in product design class at Central Saint Martins, London in 2006, went into business together. They had consulted with several companies on various projects and realized that great minds thought alike and formed a partnership. The two have been creating unusual products that people are just loving and their success continues to grow.
One reader in the USA, UK or Canada will win a Mustache Doormat (approx. $38.42 USD)