It is hard to believe spring is here already and soon it will be time to be thinking of Mother’s Day gifts. My mother will be 80 this year and I can tell you she has probably gotten just about any gift on her special day you can imagine! For the last few years I have found it harder to find just the right gift for her. The one thing she likes very much is anything with her name or initials on it. That is probably where I get my love for all things personalized! Although I did have an idea of what I was going to get her this year, I thought I would take a look online and get some good ideas. Here are a few that I found:
- Lunch Tote: This is such a versatile gift as it can be used for so many different purposes. You can pack a lunch in it of course, but you can also pack a snack or two for a trip with the kids or grand kids to the park. Mom still takes day trips to go antiquing and she prefers to pack some food instead of stopping for fast food somewhere.
- Tote Bag: Mom has found a great use for a tote bag; a carrier for library books. Mom is an avid reader and goes to the library at least 1-2 times a week. She can always use a nice size tote bag to carry her books back and forth.
- Garment Bag: If you have a mom who travels, a monogrammed garment bag is perfect. Not only will her clothes stay nice and wrinkle free, she will be able to spot her bag immediately on the luggage carousel.
- Cosmetic Bag: One of my moms favorite sayings is “less is more” but that did not apply to wearing make-up! Mom never leaves the house without makeup on, even if it is to check the mail! Wouldn’t a personalized makeup case make the perfect gift?
- Overnight Bag: For a mom who does love to travel, what better gift than a monogrammed overnight bag? One thing mom does not have is a bag she can use for just a weekend trip. She always uses her large suitcase which is getting a bit hard for her to handle these days. A personalized weekender bag from Initials Inc. is the perfect thing for mom to take with her when she visits out of town. This popular company has a vast array of products available for personalization and monograms.
Monogrammed Mother’s Day Gifts
I absolutely love giving gifts, especially on special days like Mother’s Day. It is nice to be pampered and recognized for being a good mom and monogrammed Mother’s Day gifts are an excellent choice. I am hoping to be doing more traveling this year, so when I was offered a product from Initials Inc., I knew what I wanted. The Weekender is aptly named and perfect for that weekend getaway. I chose the zebra print with the lime green thread because I think they give a fun look to the bag. There is plenty of room, as the bag measures 9″W x 10″H x 9″D, and it has a front zipper pocket, 2 mesh pockets inside and a slip pocket as well.
The strap is finely made and is padded and adjustable for comfort. The bag is absolutely perfect for a few days away and is you pack smartly, there will be plenty of room for any goodies you may bring back from your getaway. New and exciting things are going on over at Initials Inc, as on February 1st, they launched their national Spring and Summer catalog, which was shot at the gorgeous 2012 HGTV Green Home. There are a ton of products that will cover every need you may have during the spring and summer months. You can purchase your Initials Inc. product from their main website, or you can locate a representative near you and purchase from them.
One reader will receive a Weekender bag ($43.00) in their choice of pattern, font and thread color, depending on availability.