This post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you are contemplating a Caribbean vacation this year, you are making an excellent choice! The Caribbean is one of the most popular vacation destinations and for good reason. There are so many places to visit, things to see and people to meet, the possibilities are almost limitless! The Caribbean is a hub for vacationers so you can easily find ships, planes and other forms of transportation to get you there. If you are trying to decide on a specific location, Puerto Rico is a fantastic place to visit. It is affordable, you do not need a passport, foreign money or a translator as English is one of their two official languages. There is so much to do, it is hard to narrow down the list, so here are the top 5 things to do in Puerto Rico:
5 Places To See In Puerto Rico
- The Beaches: There are over 270 miles of coastline in Puerto Rico and some are featured among the Top 10 beaches to see from the Travel Channel. Among the most popular with locals as well as vacationers, is Flamenco Beach in Culebra . The incredibly white sands and deep blue waters make this beach a visually arresting place to see. It is perfect for swimming, surfing, snorkeling, sunning or even a game of beach volleyball.
- The Caves: You may not think about going spelunking in Puerto Rico, but they have some of the most amazing caves on the planet. Puerto Rico boasts some of the longest and deepest caves in the world, so you can explore them inside and repel down the outside. If you visit the Camuy caves, you can even mudslide and body raft and see many unique natural formations.
- The National Forests: Some of the most breathtaking scenery can be found in Puerto Rico. One of the most popular, the only rainforest in the US National Park Service, is the El Yunque. With its backdrop of the Luquillo Mountain Range, you can hike, backpack, or enjoy the 360 view on Mt. Britton.
- The Golfing: If you are a golf enthusiast, Puerto Rico has many acclaimed courses for you. You can choose from 15 golf courses which offer enjoyable links courses and the more challenging target courses.
- The Food: If you are a foodie, you will be in gastronomic heaven when you visit Puerto Rico. Some of the most popular dishes you can enjoy in Puerto Rico are the Carne Guisada, which is stewed beef, the Pastelon, which is a beef lasagna with plantains or the Alcapurria, a beef patty and fried green banana. If you are a true foodie, be sure to plan your vacation during Saborea, the annual food festival in Puerto Rico.
In addition, you can also see many other amazing places in Puerto Rico. You can also visit the Bioluminescent bays where you will literally glow in these unique waters. Puerto Rico offers many historical sites for the history buffs in the group to visit. You can see the Serrallés Castle, built in the 1930’s or the famous archaeological site, Centro Ceremonial Indígena de Tibes. You can horseback ride, para sail, hang glide, have a spa day or explore some of the local shops and markets.
Recently, Puerto Rico Tourism partnered with Trip Advisor on a fun project to entice visitors to come to Puerto Rico. In order to bring Puerto Rico into your home, they have brought to life several 5-star reviews into beautiful short films narrated by several Puerto Rican stars.
You can popular videos like the video review of some of the beautiful golf spots narrated by golfing legend, Chi Chi Rodriquez. You can learn more about this 5 star vacation spot, plan and even book your trip!Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico. Like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook and Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter
What are you most excited to see or try in Puerto Rico?