I have always been lucky when it comes to skin care as I have pretty healthy skin. As a teen, I had very little acne and my routine was pretty minimal. I would wash my face with some Noxzema, put on a little makeup and I was ready to go. As I have gotten older, my skin has changed and so has my skin care routine. When the weather gets cold, I have to amp up my regime in order to keep my skin and face looking its best. Here are my favorite tips for doing just that:
5 Winter Skin Care Tips
- Buffing: Before you shower or apply lotions, buff your skin. You can do this with a variety of tools including a pumice stone for your feet and a skin care scrub in the shower. This will remove the deas skin cells as well as prepare your skin for your routine.
- Bathing: When bathing or showering, make sure your water is how Goldilocks would like it; not too hot and not too cold. If the water is too hot, it can actually dry out the skin by stripping it of natural oils. Also, make the time spent bathing under 10 minutes, which conserves water and prevents pruning.
- Sunscreen: Sometimes we forgot to apply sunscreen in the winter, but it is just as important as in the summer. In some areas, it can be even more important as the sun reflects off the snow. This can cause a sunburn and lead to skin damage.
- Shaving: When you shave, use a product with a good moisturizer included. Never use soap to shave with as it dries out the skin and can lead to razor burns.
- Lotions: When you apply lotions, be sure they have a good moisturizer included, which not all lotions have. If you can find a lotion or moisturizer with anti-aging properties, even better! It is never too early to apply these products to your skin!
I recently received the perfect care package to allow me to put my best face forward this winter. It included products P&G and Walgreens from Cover Girl, Pantene, Olay and more. PG and Walgreens partnered with Tim Gunn and the Peoples Choice Awards to help you out your best winter face forward and be #OnMyWay2Fab. Here are just a few of the items I was sent:
- COVERGIRL Bombshell Volume by LashBlast Mascara: This two-step system combines extreme volume with an intensifying top coat for big, sexy bombshell lashes. First you apply the extreme volume basecoat and follow it up with the intensifying top coat.
- Pantene Damage Detox Cream: This is the first total hair system to reset damaged hair to look and feel like new.
- Venus and Olay Sugarberry Exfoliate Razor: I LOVE this razor! It uses its 5-blade technology to exfoliate your surface skin while the Sugarberry-scented Olay Moisture Bars help lock in skin’s moisture for less dryness.
- Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream: This amazing cream quickly penetrates your skin 10 layers deep and gives you anti-aging ingredients. Your skin will have less lines, be better hydrated and look brighter. You will have firmer and more elastic skin and you can reverse up to 10 years of wrinkles.
- Studio 35 Blender Brush: I gave this brush to Caitlin because she has just begun her makeup routine and it is super easy on your skin. It creates a flawless look by using the foam tip which does not absorb too much liquid makeup. The Vitamin E infusion provides a superbly smooth surface for application.
One USA reader will win one #OnMyWay2Fab Fab Bag ARV $85
Please share your favorite winter skin care tip that gets you #OnMyWay2Fab?