I love having a daughter in school while I am trying to get my holiday preparations in order. It is pretty difficult to do your holiday gift shopping when you have kids in tow. You either have them asking for just about everything they see in the store or they are there to spy on you. Caitlin is always trying to bamboozle me into buying tons of treats, cookie and cake mixes and the likes. When we are at home, she will ask if she can help me decorate or bake, but that gets old pretty quickly and then I am left on my own. In about 5 minutes, she will come back telling me how bored she is and has nothing to do. If this is you, her are some suggestions to keep your girl busy:
Top Holiday Boredom Busters For Kids
- Puppet Show: Give the kids a big box, some scissors, markers and crayons and let them make their own puppet theater. Once they have that done, tell them to write a skit and preform it for you.
- Magazine Collages: Give the kids some old magazines, scissors, craft glue sticks and old cereal boxes and tell them to make a crazy collage that tells a story.
- Forts: Tell the kids to grab all the spare blankets, sheets or whatever they can find and build a fort. Tell them you are expecting to see how creative they can be on how they can protect the fort.
- Board Games: With all the electronics kids use these days, chances are they are not playing board games like they used to. You will be surprised how much fun they tell you they had. I know this because I made my kids pull out the Monopoly game and they played nicely for 3 hours!
- Arts And Crafts Project: Give them an arts and crafts project they can make from their own supplies or a kit you have purchased them. Caitlin spent nearly 4 hours in her room making headbands with her kit from the Fashion Angels line!
Holiday Boredom Busters For Girls She Will Love
Caitlin has always been really creative, so when she gets bored, all I need to do is find her something to make and she is in heaven. She has an entire arts and crafts station in her room and every time we go to the craft store she wants beads, glitter, glue or feathery things! With the cool projects for her from Fashion Angels, they have a ton of holiday boredom busters for girls she will love. She has a lot of different projects from the line to keep her busy for days! The company was started in 1996 and was quickly known as a force to be reckoned with in the world tween girl products. The three creative minds behind the company, Goldi Miller, Myra Mouloudji, and Goldi’s husband Mark base their operations in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They are creating fashion related products tweens will love and adults will be able to afford.
We received the Fashion Flip Folio ($8.99), the Project Runway Fashion Planner ($11.99), the Fashion Angels Fashion Planner ($9.99) and the Fashion Angels Tapefetti Headband Kit ($14.99). Caitlin was in high heaven when she received her box from Fashion Angels and dug into the treasures held within. One of her favorites is the Project Runway Fashion Planner because she can create cute outfits for every day of the week while she keeps her schedule straight with the weekly and monthly planner. She had a great time with the headband kit and and using the different Tapefetti patterns. She has made several for her friends at school to give as Christmas gifts. She has also made some for her friends and sister to give as Christmas gifts. If you have a girl at home that loves fashion and is creative, the Fashion Angels line is just right for her! You can find the products from Fashion Angels from their website as well as Walmart, Toys R Us and many other fine stores. Be sure to stay current with the latest from Fashion Angels and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
One USA reader will win a Fashion Angles Prize Pack ARV $46