I just turned 50 and I have been freaking out! It was a milestone I was not looking forward to and it made me re-evaluate my lifestyle. I have been overweight for most of my adult life and it is beginning to effect my health. I have joint and back pain, have no energy, and high cholesterol. I have stopped drinking diet soda, am eating as much organic food as I can, have cut out virtually all processed foods and am getting back into exercise. After several injuries and surgery last year, I was not able to exercise for several months. I have gotten the okay from my doctor to get back to the gym, so I am packing my bag and heading to the YMCA! Here is a list of what I have in my workout bag:
6 Must Haves For Your Gym Bag
- Shoes: I do a lot of walking on the treadmill, so I need a good pair of shoes for that. I also need a pair of water shoes for when I shower after my workout.
- Music: I must have music when I workout, so I usually grab my MP3 player ad my ear buds when I head to the “Y”.
- Water Bottle: You need to stay hydrated during your workout, so a nice refillable water bottle is essential.
- Body And Face Wash: For the shower, you need a good body wash as well as a face cleanser. With all the sweat from your exercising session, you need the extra cleaning product for your face.
- Deodorant: I am pretty sure I need no explanation, but just in case, you need “some D.O. for your B.O.”
- Towel: You need a nice absorbent towel for your shower as the gym does not have the softest towels! Also, it is recommended to have a hand towel to keep with you at the treadmill to catch that sweat!
Now that you have all you need for your workout, you need a nice bag to put everything in. I am over the moon in love with my new Cartwheel Gym/Overnight bag from Lug. This bag is not only a great size for all my gym bag essentials, but it is so chic! It has a cool front patch for storing my yoga mat, tons of pockets of various sizes, and it even has a ring holder. I appreciate the large pockets for my bottle and shoes and the smaller pockets are perfect for the toiletries, my phone, MP3 player and ear buds. It even has a removable key fob so I will not lose my keys, which I am totally known to do. You can find the Cartwheel Gym/Overnight bag in 9 colors including Plum Purple, Marigold Yellow and Sunset Orange and it sells for $110 on the Lug website.
The Cartwheel from Lug Life, also has a ventilated compartment, an easy to clean clear coated bottom and a luggage strap. All of these features are favorites of the Lug brand bags, which are just some of the reasons they are so dang popular. I love how comfortable this bag is to carry, which in part, is due to the design of the strap. The quilted accents on the bag add a touch of uniqueness, so I know I am carry a bag others will envy! As an added bonus, the bag also has a drawstring bag which is perfect for my shoes, my bathing suit if I decide to swim or my sweaty hand towel! You can also find a huge variety of accessories like a sleeve for your flat iron, wallets, a beanie chair for your phone or iPod or the cute Flipper jewelry case. Lug also has a huge line of bags which include totes, wheelies, cross body, overnight and more. Be sure to stay current with Lug by following them on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. One USA reader will win a Cartwheel Gym/Overnight bag in their choice of color ARV $110.
What are your must have items for your gym bag?