Do you love where you live? There are probably great reasons to love living just about anywhere in our beautiful country, but I live in Florida. Florida is a magical place of farm land, coastline and Mickey Mouse. Most people who live in Florida can get to a beach in less than an hour, have palm trees in their back yards and their daily commute to work consists of at least one Interstate. But there is still so much more! From coast to coast, Florida is jam packed full of wonderful reasons why I love living in Florida.
10 Reasons To Love Living In Florida
- The Weather Need I say more? Our seasons do not include Winter. We just skip right over it from Fall to Spring. OK, sometimes we get down to a brisk 40 degrees overnight. That’s when we break our winter coat out of storage. Aside from that, it’s sunshine and suntans all day everyday in the Sunshine State!
- History This is probably one of the coolest parts to living in Florida. We are home to the oldest city in America, Saint Augustine. Established in 1565, you can visit the old jail and schoolhouse that are still standing today. Then check out Castillo San Marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the United States. Afterwards, take a ghost tour at the St. Augustine Lighthouse.
- Sunsets You will never go anywhere in the world and see a sunset like you will in Florida. Sunsets in Florida are breathtaking and picturesque. You won’t believe it until you see for yourself, and will be in awe when you see colors that you didn’t think were possible by nature.
- Orlando Walt Disney World and Universal studios have called Orlando home for so many years that it’s hard to look past them when talking about Orlando. Ok, so it’s actually impossible to look past them. Because of Universal Studious and largely because of Disney, Orlando has become one of the most recognized cities in our country!
- Beaches Galore 663. That number represents the miles of beach that Florida has to offer. From private to public, state owned to doggie dominated, there is a beach for everyone. What’s more amazing is that you can be relaxing in the Gulf of Mexico, drive clear across the state in just under 3 hours, and enjoy the Atlantic Ocean all in the same day.
- Mermaids No, your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. We really do have mermaids in Florida! They can be found at Weeki Wachee Springs. Weeki Wachee is a preserve and park that has been featuring underwater mermaid shows for close to 70 years. Park guests have included Elvis Presley and Larry the Cable Guy among many others.
- Miami “Bienvenido a Miami” Who else remembers that catchy song by Will Smith? Our American culture has been so ingrained with Miami references that we can be anywhere in the country and still feel a piece of Miami close to our hearts. Scarface, CSI Miami, Miami Vice, Dexter and Ace Ventura are just a few reasons why Florida is where it’s at!
- Vacation Living in Florida is like being on vacation all the time. You can take a weekend and go to any of the aforementioned cities and still be only a few hours from home! Vacation=Staycation when you live in Florida! Hence the reason so many new communities are popping up all over the place.
- The Keys The Florida Keys consist of a staggering 1700 islands, making up a total land area of 137.3 square miles. That equates to a lot of teeny tiny islands! The Keys are incredibly famous for its fishing, snorkeling and Mile Marker 0, which is the Southernmost Point in the United States. It’s only a 90 mile swim to Cuba, jump in!
- Theme Parks & Attractions It doesn’t matter where in Florida you are, you are probably within an hour of a theme park or attraction of some sort. Between theme parks, zoos and water parks you can never say that you had a boring weekend when living here.
Whether you are relocating, retiring or just stopping by to say hi, Florida is a state that will meet your every need. If you are in the process of moving, and need a loan try title loans Fort Lauderdale. You don’t need to go into long-term debt just to get a moving truck.
Why do you love where you live?