I try every which way to get veggies in my families mouth, so I act when I see the opportunity. Country Crock sent me a recipe for a Family Fave Veggie Casserole along with a free sample and other cooking supplies. I adapted the recipe to make it my own using the vegetables my kids favor along with some peppers for a splash of color. The end result was not only pretty but extremely delicious. The vegetable casserole barely made it to the next day before it was eaten.
- ½ cup Country Crock® Spread
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 1 sliced orange pepper
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Melt Country Crock® Spread over medium heat in large nonstick skillet.
- Remove 2 Tbsp to small bowl; combine with crumbs and set aside.
- Add vegetables to skillet and toss to coat.
- Pour into shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Mix in the yogurt, ½ the shredded cheese
- Combine the remaining cheese and panko and top the casserole
- Bake until bubbly around edges and crumbs are lightly golden, about 25 minutes.
I always like to use the Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D because it is a good source of Calcium and an excellent source of Vitamin D. There are 0g of trans fat per serving so it is perfect for spreading on toast or adding to a vegetable casserole. Would you like to try your hand at creating this recipe or one from the Country Crock site? Enter on the Giveaway Tools form and pin this recipe! One winner will receive:
- Country Crock VIP Coupon (good for one free tub)
- Recipe card – Thanksgiving Family Fave Veggie Casserole
- Wüsthof® Classic Ikon 6″ Chef’s Knife
What are your favorite vegetables to put in casserole?