Being from Vermont, I believe that just about everything tastes better when you add real Vermont maple syrup. There is just no comparison. Treat your holiday guests to the delicious taste of Vermont Tapioca Pudding. This creamy tapioca pudding recipe has Vermont maple syrup added to it and then it is topped with walnuts that have been coated with more Vermont maple syrup. Dessert doesn’t get much better than this.
Vermont Tapioca Pudding Recipe
Author: Jennifer Medeiros
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp minute tapioca
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp pure Vermont maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- pinch of cinnamon
- Mix milk, egg, tapioca and salt in a small pan and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat over medium low heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add ¼ cup Vermont maple syrup & vanilla.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- While the pudding is chilling, line a cookie sheet with wax paper & spray with non stick spray.
- In a small pan, mix the walnuts, 1 tbsp Vermont maple syrup and cinnamon. Heat over medium low heat until most of the syrup is evaporated.
- Spread the nuts on the sprayed wax paper and place in the freezer for 15 minutes until cool.
- Crumble the walnuts over the top of the pudding & serve.
This tapioca pudding recipe can be made ahead and the nuts frozen until serving time. When you’re ready to serve dessert, just remove the nuts from the freezer and crumble them on top of the tapioca pudding. No one needs to know you prepared the dessert that morning to save time.
Ellen is a busy mom of two teenagers who left the corporate world in 2008 to focus on a more eco-friendly life. She lives in rural Vermont where she juggles family, two blogs and a career in social media. You can find her at Confessions of an Overworked Mom
Vermont Tapioca Pudding looks great! I love new uses for syrup, and desserts are the perfect place to put it. Great recipe!
I love how the additions to this recipe have made it so unique. I have to agree as there is nothing better than Vermont maple syrup. Vermont is on my bucket list of states I want to visit. Thanks so much for this recipe.
This looks amazing, so sweet and delicious I would love to make this.
YUM! What a great idea!
I have never had tapioca pudding with maple added to it. This sounds like a great added flavor.
I have never had tapioca pudding but it looks good. I would make this for my husband though, he does like tapioca.
Ellen did such a great job on this post! I love the idea of adding mix ins to the tapioca pudding and have heard that Vermont’s maple syrup is the best. I will have to try to add some to my next tapioca dessert!
It never would have occurred to me to add syrup!
I love the addition Ellen made to tapioca pudding. I’ve never thought of adding anything before.
I love tapioca pudding. I have only ever made it like they do on the box. This sounds great.
Never thought of using syrup in pudding but it sounds like a great idea
Well, that’s different. Hubby love tapioca pudding too! I’ve got to try this one love the walnuts idea.
I love tapioca pudding but have never tried making it from scratch. Thanks for the recipe!
Comments are closed.