My husband and I used to spend each of our birthdays enjoying extravagant vacations. We have been to New York and Las Vegas more times than I can count. We also took an incredible vacation to Tennessee, where we explored Nashville and Memphis. We took a walk down Beale Street, visited Elvis’ grave site and explored the Gibson guitar factory. Then we had children. Each one of our children has a birthday exactly two weeks before one of our own. In hindsight, this was probably poor planning on our part. We haven’t celebrated an adult birthday in our home in over 4 years. Now that life has settled down a bit, I made it a mission to make his birthday more memorable this year. I found a great list of things to do, including taking some much needed time to ourselves.
10 Ways to Make His Birthday Memorable
- Guy Time: Take one for the team and let him go out while you stay home with the kids.
- Low-Key Dinner: Stay home and grill up some steaks. A home made dinner is always a way to win his heart.
- Tickets: Get him tickets to see his favorite sports team or band. Bonus points for a new t-shirt to go with the tickets.
- Mini-Vacation: Vacations don’t have to be extravagant. Get a room on the beach or in your favorite small town for the weekend.
- Throw a Party: Make it an intimate gathering. Invite close friends and family for dinner and cake.
- Get a Babysitter: Go out on the town. Hit up his favorite restaurant or hole in the wall bar.
- Staycation: Drop the kids off with family and stay home. Alone. All weekend.
- Spend the Day Together: Send the kids to school and play hooky from work. Go to breakfast or lunch and find something fun to do to fill the rest of the day.
- Buy a Bottle: Of his favorite liquor or wine. Crack it open and enjoy.
- Turn Down the Lights: Send the kids to bed and get close. Turn off the lights and snuggle on the couch during a movie. You know where this is going…
Give him, and your relationship, a gift this year. The gift of making memories is the gift that keeps on giving. When the kids are grown and no longer living at home, the two of you will remain. It is so important to continue building on your relationship, including working on intimacy and togetherness. Staycations and stay-in date nights are great ways to focus on intimacy. This year, Fiera® was here to help make his birthday memorable. It is often tough keeping the spark alive, especially when there is a 4 year old wandering the house at any given moment. Fiera® is a small, fast acting, hands-free product that is designed to encourage blood flow and lubrication, warming up women’s body for a more satisfying intimate experience. Fiera® recognizes that women may need an extra touch, as we call it ‘before-play,’ to help get your mind and body in the mood. It is small and comes with a carrying pouch, perfect to take on a mini-vacation. You can learn more about the Fiera® experience and women’s sexual wellness by going to the Fiera® website. You won’t regret learning more about Fiera, and neither will he…after you make his birthday memorable!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.