Today I am going to share with you about what to eat when you get the munchies. I know for many people, this is a big issue, so I am going to offer you with some helpful suggestions. I am on week 14 of my Medifast program and I lost ½ pound this week, so my total weight loss is 17 pounds so far. I am very proud of myself for not only losing the weight, but with my new mental attitude about not hurrying the process. I am sure you can relate when I say in the past I wanted the weight to come off while I slept with no work, and I got exactly what I deserved with that thinking; nothing!! So, now for those tips on the late night munchies:
What To Eat When You Get The Munchies
- Raw Veggies: One of the things I crave at night is the munchy crunchy in my mouth. If that is you as well, some sweet baby carrots, celery, broccoli and such is perfect for that. I don’t dip most of my veggie into a dip, so I am saving some valuable calories by eating them naked.
- Rice Cakes: I remember when rice cakes first came out and everyone thought they were so great and they were. The problem was there were a limited number of flavors and that got old really fast. Now you can find large or mini rice cakes in a ton of flavors that go from veggie flavored, to ranch to chocolate.
- Granola: I love to snack on granola, especially if it has some nuts or dried fruit in them. You just need to portion out a serving rather than eating them out of the bag as they are not low in calories and you can eat a day’s worth of fat and calories in one sitting.
- Fresh Fruit: As the raw veggies are good for you to eat, fresh fruit is as well as many options give you the crunch you crave. I slice up my apples into thin sections so I think I am eating more than I actually am! Again, be careful here because the natural sugar can give you a spike in your glucose levels you don’t want that late at night.
- Protein: If I am really hungry as well as wanting a munchy food, I will make a few turkey roll ups or a hard-boiled egg. I will take some thin sliced turkey and roll them up into little logs and eat them. Sometimes I will add some fat free cheese for a little more flavor. My kids love to take these to school or to the park because they taste good and are so easy to do.
I hope these simple suggestions will help you in your weight loss journey! If you are interested in joining Medifast, you can visit them on their website to do so. You can keep up with the latest news from Medifast by liking them on Facebook and following them on Twitter.