I have been entertaining a lot in my home lately, and sometimes it is on the spur of the moment. I like having items in my pantry that I can quickly grab to create a culinary masterpiece for guests on the fly. Canned goods are great for this purpose because they will last without perishing. The ironclad technology these days in canned foods helps to seal in the flavor, nutrition and goodness of fresh foods. In just 10 minutes, I was able to create a White Bean Tapenade Recipe using the ingredients I already had on hand. The can is a fantastic way to get food from the farm to my family’s table. Homemade food made easy that tastes great!
Olives of all varieties is one of my standard pantry items. There are so many fabulous dishes you can create, and I love the nutritious value that olives offer. Beans are another staple I keep on hand in many options as well. I created this White Bean Tapenade Recipe in a very short amount to serve when family showed up on short notice.
- 1 15.5 oz can Cannelli white kidney beans
- 1 can 15.5 oz can of Great Northern Beans
- ½ 0.6 oz can Lindsay Naturals Black Ripe California Medium Pitted Olives
- ½ 0.6 oz can Lindsay Naturals California Green Ripe Olives
- 4 T fresh parsley
- 4 T grapeseed oil
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 1 t Southwestwest Sedona (Two Snooty Chefs)
- Mix the olives, lemon ingredients and parsley together in a food processor
- Pulse a few times to coarsely chop the food
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse
Are you interested in finding out more about how Cans Can Get You cooking? Follow their social media accounts for yummy recipes and ideas. You can find Cans Get You Cooking on Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube. I am a Canbassador, so you will see at least a post a month if not more where I use canned foods. Do you have a favorite recipe that uses canned foods? What #CansGetYouCooking?Sweepstakes