While I was in Chicago recently, I was honored to be invited to the 2014 Chicago Auto Show. This was my first visit to the show, so to say I was like a kid in a candy store is an understatement! One of my favorite cars (and I saw a LOT of cars) has to be the 2014 Nissan Rogue. I am willing to admit I have a crush on Nissan USA as well as this amazing crossover vehicle. Not only can you fight those dastardly snowmen when they attack while you are in your Rogue, there are so many other reasons I want one of these beauties! While I was on vacation in Atlanta to visit my daughter, I has the extreme pleasure of driving a 2014 Nissan Rogue for the week. If I was not already in love with this car before the trip, I am head over heels with it now that I have driven it for several days! Here are just 10 of the many reasons I love the 2014 Nissan Rogue:
Why I Have A Crush On The 2014 Nissan Rogue
- Safety First: Nissan believes in making sure you and your family are safe when traveling in their vehicles. The 2014 Rogue comes equipped with the Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS). You get dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt and occupant classification sensors; front seat-mounted side impact supplemental air bags and roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags. This also has a rollover sensor for the front and rear-seat outboard occupant, giving them added head protection. You also get a 3-point front and rear seat belts, front seat belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters, adjustable upper anchors and their LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) and every Rogue offers child safety rear door locks. These safety features are extremely important to me, especially with my kids in the car. If you have ever driven in that crazy Atlanta traffic, you know a safe vehicle is a much have!
- Panoramic Sun/Moon Roof: This power window gives you a clear view of the sun, moon, sky, stars and more, no matter where you are sitting.
- Space, Space And More Space: You can fit just about everything in the back of the 2014 Rogue, including the kitchen sink. The uber clever EZ Flex® Seating System allows all the seats, sans the driver, to fold down. With that said, you can fit an 8 foot ladder! You also get lots of storage space with the six front storage areas, 2 front cup holders and two front bottle holders. This is perfect for my family who are always with a water bottle or coffee mug in hand. The Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System gives you 18 adjustable options between the cargo and occupant areas . This includes out-of-sight storage and a lower deck to handle taller items. I had to pack for family of four including food, toys, blankets and pillows, the Nissan Rogue had all the space I needed and them some. As a matter of fact, Henry tried, in vain of couse, to convince me the back was created just for him to lay in while I drove! At one of our stops, we did spread out a blanket and have a picnic while we were at the Atlanta Zoo!
- Superior Comfort: The Nissan Rogue offers lots of comfort for the driver as well as his passengers. The folks at Nissan took the lead from NASA and their zero gravity space travel when they designed the unbelievably comfortable front seats. These seats were built to maximize your comfort while minimizing your fatigue. Their Quick Comfort™ Heated Front Seats work quickly, but not too quickly. The seats warm up to follow the same warming-up sequence your body does. While we were on our trip, I thew my back out and I was in horrible pain. If it were not for the heated and ultra comfortable seats in the Rogue, I honestly do not know what I would have done. I have never ridden in a more relaxing, quite, easy to maneuver and all around amazingly fun car to drive!
- It Is Bigger On The Inside: If you have a large family, kids in sports or travel with a lot of gear, you will flip over the 3rd row seating. The best part is you do not need to climb over a bunch of seats or people to get to the 3rd row. With the EZ Flex™ Seating System, with the lift of a lever, a simple motion slide and a tilt of the 2nd-row seat forward, you are in like flynn. Need more cargo space? Just fold that 3rd row down baby! This feature was so helpful for us while we were on the trip. We cooked dinner one night for a big group and we were able to fold the seat down and fit a ton of bags back there. They are so easy to fold down, henry was able to do it for mus while all the grown ups had their hands full! This would also be great for going to the drive in movie with a bunch of kids! (or at least I was told this by a bunch of kids lol)
- Technology: If you are a geek like me, you will LOVE the technology which abounds in the 2014 Nissan Rogue. With their NissanConnectTM, you get a Navigation system with an easy to read 7 inch color touch-screen display, the Nissan Voice Recognition for navigation and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®. You also get NavTraffic, NavWeather, SiriusXM Travel Link® for Sirius subscribers and NissanConnectTM Apps. The smartphone integration system enables you to connect with your digital side while driving. You will love the Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant which allows you to receive incoming messages from your smartphone.I will admit, my car is older and does not have a lot of bells and whistles. I had such fun using the GPS because although we are from Atlanta, it has been 10 years since I have driven there. I could not remember the best route to get to my daughter’s after we picked up the Rogue. All I had to do was type in her address and it found me the quickest route available. This was so great because the highway was bumper to bumper, so I was able to find an alternate route which avoided sitting in that Atlanta traffic for hours! We also LOVED the SiriusXM radio feature. We are huge music lovers and I appreciated the huge selection offered by the SiriusXM radio. The kids listened to Radio Disney while I was able to get a little retro with the 80’s station. My husband loved the options for the sports and news radio to catch up on all the latest going on. The sound quality is like nothing I have ever heard! It is crisp and you can crank it up without the bass pounding n your ears! We were singing like a bunch of rock stars. It was so much fun!
- A Car With A View: I am not the best when it comes to backing up, so the Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD) system is perfect for me. It uses 4 small cameras with a superwide-angle, mounted on the front, side and rear of the Rogue. This gives you a 360 degree view of anything surrounding the vehicle. With the ability to select split-screen close-ups of the front, rear and curb views, I can get in and out of those tight spots like a magician. My daughter lives in an apartment complex and when we arrived for diner, there were not a lot of spaces available. The one space I could fine looked a little tight to me. Once I began to back into the pace, I was guided perfectly without a problem. It was easy to use and it gave me a huge peace of mind knowing I could count on the Rogue guiding me instead of my old tired eyes!
- I feel You: You cannot always see everything when you are driving, so the Moving Object Detection system not only gives you a visual but an audible warning if there is an object blocking you from the front, side or back. If there is a moving object like another vehicle or a child on a bicycle when you are pulling out of your driveway, you will know.
- With A Body Like That: The sleek design of the new Rogue is like a dream come true for this girl. The Rogue has a sassy and sporty look which is balanced by it’s ample wheel wells and 18-inch wheels and tires. The outside mirror shapes helps reduce wind noise, making the drive nice and quiet. With the cleverly designed rear roof and side spoiler and rear combination lights, the turbulence behind the body has been greatly reduced. The restaurant we chose for lunch on Thursday is one of my favorite in the world. They serve slices of pizza that are about as big as your head! It is located on Peachtree Street, which is one of the major roads in Atlanta. There was a lot of stop and go traffic and the kids pointed out ho many stares we got as we passed by. When I tell you the Nissan Rogue turns heads, I mean it really turned heads! Henry said he felt like a millionaire the way everyone was looking at us while we drove by! Even the guys at the Hotel when we valet parked the ca commented on how good looking it was!
- Fuel Economy: We are a one income family, so money is not growing on trees around here. We need a car with excellent fuel economy for a family who drives a lot. The 2014 Rogue you get a vehicle which is best in class with a generous 33 mpg highway for the front-wheel drive CVT equipped models. This is an 18 percent improvement in highway fuel economy than the previous years model. The Rogue’s city fuel economy is 26 mpg, while combined fuel economy is 28 mpg (front-wheel drive models). Rogue AWD models are rated at 25 mpg city, 32 mpg highway and 28 mpg combined. With the “PURE DRIVE” badge, The Rogue reflects Nissan’s commitment to developing a more eco-friendly line of vehicles. We were in Atlanta for 4 days and we did a lot of driving during the trip. We picked the car up with a full tank and when we turned it back in, we had just a little under a half a tank. We were completely amazed at how fantastic the gas mileage on this car was.
After only being able to enjoy the Nissan Rogue for a few days, we all became VERY attached to it! The kids were so disappointed when we had to turn it back in and I even shed a few tears when I had to say goodbye. Henry even gave it a goodbye hug. If that is not a huge endorsement for how much your family will love the 2014 Nissan Rogue, I do not know what is! If and when we are able to get a new car to replace our poor old car, I know what is at the top of our wish list! The 2014 Nissan Rogue has a starting price of $22,490 for the S and $24,230 for the SV. It comes in a variety of 8 colors including Frosted Steel, Graphite Blue and my favorite, Cayenne Red. Contact your local dealer for availability and pricing information. You can connect with Nissan on Facebook and Twitter.
Nissan North America, Inc.
One Nissan Way
Franklin, TN 37067
Office: (615) 725-1000
Fax: (615) 725-8535