For women who are experiencing hair loss, it can be a rather confusing, emotional, and even depressing time. It may be that you have just started losing some here and there, or perhaps it’s been going on a while now and the results are becoming more noticeable. It’s always thought to be more common in men than in women, but the fact is that women can be just as prone to hair loss. This is why women are now starting to look to hair loss solutions such as Nourkrin, which is a tablet women can take to promote hair growth. So what’s causing your loss of hair? Well it could be one or a combination of things. Here’s a look at some of the most common causes of female hair loss.
- Medications – a Top Contributor: Whether you are losing hair in clumps or it just seems to slowly be thinning out over time, you aren’t alone as this is a problem that plagues many women. It can also start to happen at any age, it doesn’t just go hand and hand with getting older. One of the top culprits is actually medication. Typically, the ones that can cause hair loss are hormonal pills and birth control pills. If you suspect either of these are contributing to your hair loss, it’s a good idea to speak to your physician.
- Hitting Menopause: Menopause is known to cause all kinds of issues in women’s bodies. To say there are “changes” taking place is a pretty big understatement. It’s very common that as a woman goes through menopause they experience some kind of hair loss. Even though you can’t stop menopause it has been shown that if you eat well, get enough sleep, and use mild shampoos and conditioners, it can at least decrease the amount of hair you lose.
- Your Choice of Hairstyle: Now here’s one that may seem like an old wives tale, but is in fact true! Do you constantly wear your hair back in a tight ponytail? Did you know that by doing this you can actually cause hair loss and thinning of the hair follicles? There’s an easy solution, it’s time to let that ponytail out and allow your hair to be free. If you have to put your hair back, opt for a loose low ponytail so it’s not pulling.
- Suffering from Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroidism is quite common in women as they age, and unfortunately a big side effect is hair loss and thinning. If you’re unsure of whether or not you’re suffering from hyperthyroidism it’s a good idea to speak to your doctor and get tested.
- Genetics Play a Part: Another factor in hair loss is genetics. Here’s another one that is totally out of your control. There’s a good chance if the older generation of females in your family have thinning hair or hair loss, there is a good chance you too will suffer from it. If genetics are to blame, it usually happens in a woman’s 50s and 60s.