5 Tips For Choosing A Pharmacy
- Availability: No one wants to drive way across town to get their prescription filled. You should choose a pharmacy which is close to your home. In the event you or one of the kids gets ill int he middle of the night, you want a pharmacy close by so you can get what you need and get home quickly. Many pharmacies are now open later, so if possible, choose one with extended hours.
- Insurance: Not every pharmacy takes all insurance plans, so be sure your pharmacy takes yours. Although many medications are now available in generic form, this is not always a possibility. When this is the case, you do not want to be stuck paying full price because they do not accept your insurance. If you are on Medicare, be sure your pharmacy takes all the Medicare plans.
- Over The Counter Products: Pharmacies can vary greatly on the number of OTC products they carry. Always choose a pharmacy which carries a variety of products to cover a range of illnesses and symptoms. Also look to be sure the pharmacy you consider carries their own brand of the national product to save you money.
- Large Inventory: In addition to your medications, you should also look for a pharmacy which carries other items. It is awfully convenient when you can fill a prescription for pain medication for your sore wrist as well as find a sling or brace to keep it immobile.
- The Pharmacy Staff: A large part of your pharmacy experience is the pharmacist and their staff. If they are not friendly, approachable and knowledgeable, you do not want them! You want your pharmacist and his staff to answer your questions and offer advice on choosing the proper medication for your particular issue.
When it comes to a pharmacy which cares about your health, offers quality products and has an experienced staff, the Target Pharmacy has you covered. According to J.D. Power, Target Pharmacy ranked, “Highest in customer satisfaction among mass merchandiser pharmacies” When you choose a Target Pharmacy, they make feeling better almost painless! When you are not feeling well, the last thing you want is a cruddy experience with your pharmacy. With Target, they are able to offer you “A Better Pharmacy Experience.” Along with their excellent personal service and attention to detail, you will also enjoy text alerts when your prescription is ready. They have a huge choice of OTC products and supplies you need to get you on the road to recovery faster.
When it comes to filling your prescription, you can do so in-store, online or on your mobile device with their convenient app. The ClearRx bottles makes it easier to read and use your medication. The color coded system allows you to know which bottles belong to which family member to avoid any confusion on multiple prescriptions. If your pet has been to the vet and you have a prescription, Target can usually fill that for you as well. You will earn rewards for every 5 prescriptions you fill or vaccinations you have. You will also receive 5% off your in-store or online shopping trip. All of the Target generic brands are only $4 and you do not need an appointment when you need a vaccination. Need to transfer your current prescriptions to your local Target pharmacy? Just go online, use the store locator to find a Target Pharmacy near you and follow the steps to easily complete your online prescription transfer. When it comes to leaving your family in the best hands, you can trust your local Target Pharmacy. One USA reader will win a $50 Target eGift Card.
What are looking forward to most (or like the best) about Target Pharmacy?