There are scientifically proven ways to feel happier at anytime. You don’t need to have more of anything, you don’t need to win the lottery and you don’t have to get plastic surgery, all you have to do is perform certain small acts of kindness and gratitude to change your mindset.
- Gratitude: It’s about seeing the cup half full, it’s your mindset that’s keeping you from being happy. You can look at what you don’t have or you can look at what you do have. The choice is yours. But if you choose to look at what you do have, you will see that life’s not so bad.
- Love: Loving someone and getting loved back brings satisfaction and content. Instead of thinking that you’re too good for someone, or that you’re not interested in love at the moment, find someone who appreciates and cares for you, and build a relationship!
- Laughter: Whether you are giggling alone while watching ‘The Family Guy’, or laughing with your friends, laughter has been long known for its psychological ability to change our mood. Laughter not only releases stress but also tricks your mind into thinking that you’re happy. Laughter can even stimulate your organs, relieve your stress response and soothe tension.
- A good posture: Standing up straight and putting a hop in your step can apparently trick you into feeling better about yourself. Try not to slump or walk with your shoulders forward.
- Organize: Because no one likes clutter, clearing up your desk or organising your room can put you in a better mood! Think of how Monica from Friends cleans the house every time she’s stressed out!
- Talk: Talking to someone who might be able to understand what you are going through can be a great way to relieve stress while at the same time getting sage advice that might help you feel more fulfilled. In fact, sometimes, talking to a professional can be the perfect way to feel happier. This resource page elucidates ways to find a life coach that can help you reach your goals more easily in life.
In a nutshell, happiness comes from within, meaning that it’s not about outside factors, but rather your mind. Science has proven that acts such as kindness, laughter and gratitude can put you in a happier mindset instantly. See the below infographic below [link here: http://www.lifecoachspotter.com/how-to-be-happy/] by life coach spotter for more simple science-backed techniques to feel happier almost instantly.
Author Bio: Rana Tarakji is an entrepreneur, a freelance writer and a contributing writer at Life Coach Spotter.
Cover Image Link & credits: Eli DeFaria from Unsplash