You are getting married to start your life off right with the love of your life, not end up in a massive amount of debt. Too often couples spend exorbitant amounts of money before they get married. You do not need to go broke while planning for your big wedding day. While many people believe you have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to get quality rings for your nuptials. The truth is, you do not need to break your budget to find the best bridal ring sets. That’s why we put together these tips to help you find a quality wedding band on budget.
- Avoid the Big Brand Jewelers: When you think of jewelers, you probably think of the largest and most-marketed brands like Tiffany’s. While these brands do provide quality products, they will not save you any money. In fact, you can spend double or even triple what you will spend with other trusted jewelers! Consider lesser known companies with a solid reputation to help you save.
- Break Traditions: A solid gold band is the most common when you see bridal ring sets and engagement rings, but choosing alternate like platinum or titanium can save you money. And the best part is that sometimes these alternate metal options are easier to maintain. Another option is to choose a vintage ring. A vintage pick will provide you with a truly unique ring at a much lower cost.
- Make Compromises on Stones: When choosing bands with a diamond, opt for a lower grade stone and less clarity. Most often, you will be unable to notice a significant difference with the naked eye. Another compromise you can make to save money is to choose a slightly smaller carat. Opt for a .95 instead of 1 carat and your price will be much lower. One area you do not want to compromise on is cut. A quality cut is important to keep its shine.
- Avoid Diamonds: Diamonds are expensive. Choosing another gemstone or forgoing a stone altogether will lower your overall cost. Aquamarines and white topaz are very similar in look to diamonds and can create a beautiful ring. With this option, you can meet your budget and upgrade your stone later when you are financially ready to do so.
- Band Creativity: Choose a creative alternative for your wedding bands with custom metal work. Custom rings often include cut outs that reduce the amount and weight of the metal – reducing the overall cost. With this option you can add a lot of beauty, rings unique to you and your future spouse, and save money.
- Do What’s Best for Your Budget: Worried about the so-called three month’s worth of salary rule? Ignore it. Instead, choose the engagement and bridal ring set that works best for your budget and your preferences. You are not competing with other couples, you are sharing an expression of your commitment to one another.
Getting rings does not have to be stressful or expensive. Do what’s best for your budget!