As a parent, we often see ourselves through our children. This may be in the way they speak, their passion for sports or perhaps their taste in books. In another light, we can sometimes see a younger version of ourselves through our kids. With Caitlin being a teenager, I often see her do and say things which bring me back to that time in my life. She is constantly on the phone, giggles about boys, has a huge crush on a popular teen idol and is constantly trying to stay on top of the latest fashions. With back to school looming, Caitlin has begun making a list of things she wants or needs for school. Here are the top fashion items she said are imperative for her survival in high school!
5 Hottest Accessories For Teen Girls
- Scarves: Caitlin and her sister are huge scarf fanatics and have a huge collection. Last year, we got Chelsea 26 scarves for her 26th birthday. Caitlin is quickly gaining ground on her sister’s array of scarves. Stay tuned for my post on 6 ways to tie a scarf!
- Tampon Case: No one wants their purse to spill out and have their personal care products scatter all over the place. Caitlin has a really cute metal tampon case with a pretty anime girl on it.
- Jewelry: Caitlin loves jewelry but she is always on the lookout for pieces which are unique. She has earrings made from guitar picks, a wooden watch and a bracelet made from a rubber tire.
- Headphones: Because Caitlin is constantly listening to music, she has a few pairs of headphones. Her favorite pair are crocheted cat ears which are adorable when she has them on.
- Leather Bag: Caitlin does not always carry a backpack because she does not carry textbooks. Her school has made their textbooks available online, so she prefers to carry a smaller bag. She has a favorite black leather bag she carries from Robert Matthew. This bag is vital to Caitlin as it carries all of her essentials in it. Without it, she would be lost, naked and unprepared!
In an interesting juxtaposition, as often as I can see myself in Caitlin, there are times the opposite is true. I can see her emulating many of the things I do, including my fashion likes and dislikes. We are so much alike, it is sometimes scary and when it comes to our love of leather bags, we are on the same track. I love a big leather bag which looks fantastic, is soft and supple and is big enough to carry all of my personal items. With the Robert Matthew Sophie Shoulder Tote, she gets that and a whole lot more! The Sophie Tote, which sells for $192 on the Robert Matthew site, is one of the most versatile and stylish bags we have ever had in this house. You can bet your life, I am constantly trying to steal it away from Caitlin!
The Sophie Tote is made from the softest animal friendly leather, which I totally appreciate. It has beautiful gold hardware, double handles as well as a longer shoulder strap and a stylish inner fabric lining. It has two open front pockets and one back zipper pocket on the inside as well as one back zipper pocket on the outside. It also has two main top zipper compartments, so you have plenty of room for all of your personal items. The bag is made extremely well and has a timeless look, so it will go with any outfit. It is the one of the best accessories for teenage girls that Caitlin to take to school as well as for me to take when I am running errands or going out for a night on the town. You can also find high quality wallets, clutches, scarves and jewelry from Robert Matthew. Be sure to follow Robert Matthew on Twitter and Instagram. One USA reader will win a Sophie Tote in their choice of color, depending on availability ARV $192.
Makobi Scribe readers can take 50% at checkout on the Sophie Tote in any color, by using the code: MAKOBISCRIBE50
What is your must have fashion accessory?