Every time I work with jello, I wonder is this a craft or food? I feel as it is kind of both, and when you add a preschool kid into the mix it usually ends up a messy project. However, we all know that the more mess you have, the more fun you enjoy! Jakobi and Mason love to cook, and this food craft involves a lot of stirring and cleaning of silicone pans. Just perfect duties for little hands. Enjoy this Easy Fall Craft For Preschool Kids and look forward to more crafts upcoming for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Easy Fall Craft For Preschool Kids
- Silicone molds
- bowls for stirring
- non-stick oil-spray
- 3 oz package of jello
- 1 packet of (.25 oz. each) unflavored gelatin
- 8 oz of thawed frozen whipped topping
This will make 12 treats at 60 calories each
- Combine the unflavored gelatin with the flavored gelatin.
- Add 1 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add enough ice to 1/2 cup water to equal 1 cup and pour into gelatin mixture, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Spray mold with non-stick oil-spray.
- Stir half a container whipped topping into the gelatin mixture.
- Pour mixture into molds.
- Refrigerate to set, about 4 hours.