Disclaimer/side note: If my Grandma finds out I altered her famous macaroni and cheese recipe she will be upset, so don’t tell her. I am not a food blogger/photographer as I am sure you have noticed. My family/husband/children do not cooperate and often eat the food first. I cheated on my diet. Shhh don’t tell the #nsnation, but this recipe was just tooooo good to pass up. I have the willpower of a puppy in a room full of expensive shoes! (Ha Jimmy Chews LOL)
This is what I started to make with my Armour Pepperoni & Cheese Samples. The kids ate it. I had NO PROBLEM cheating on my diet with boring pizza.
Then, my husband came home! He wanted Macaroni and Cheese (My grandma’s recipe) and I didn’t have the proper cheese to make it. Thus, Macaroni Pizza and Cheese was born. The Pepperoni already has the cheese in it, so of course it will be great in macaroni and cheese. This is what happens if you do not take the picture in my house immediately after removing from oven!
Macaroni Pizza and Cheese
- 8 oz macaroni
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 T flour
- 1/4 t white pepper
- 2 t dry mustard
- 2 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 pack of Armour Pepperoni & Cheese
- Italian bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni, drain, mix in cut up Armour Pepperoni & Cheese slices, set aside.
- Place 1/2 c milk , flour and spices in to a jar with a TIGHT lid and shake.
- Pour remaining 1-1/2 c milk in saucepan and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Add flour mixture. Stir until thickened–about 1 minute. Reduce heat and add almost all the cheese (save 1/4 c cheese) slowly until it melts.
- Coat pan for macaroni and pour in noodle/Armour Pepperoni & Cheese mix.
- Top with remaining cheese, sprinkle bread crumbs and Armour Pepperoni & Cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes!