Baked Jalapeno Mozzarella Sticks
Author: Heather King
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 8 jalapeno mozzarella sticks, cut in half
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- ½ c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 t. salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish. Beat the eggs in a second shallow dish. Combine the panko, Italian breadcrumbs, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt in a third shallow dish.
- Roll each of the halved cheese sticks in the flour, making sure to cover all sides including the ends. Then dip each into the egg mixture and roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on the baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 9-10 minutes keeping a careful eye on them so that the cheese does not seep out of the breading. Remove from the oven and serve with marinara sauce.
Promote your blog and showcase your recipe in zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge. The prizes include a $500 Gift Card as the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares. Submissions end on April 28th.