I am so excited to have fall around the corner. Although this was a relatively mild summer, in the south we still had plenty of hot days and nights. I do love playing in the water with the kids, riding bikes and jumping on the trampoline. But there is just something about the chill in the air and the leaves beginning to fall from the trees. With the cooler weather comes a different set of recipes to pull out. I am ready for some hearty meals I can really sink my teeth into but hate to eat when it is so hot outside. One of my husbands favorite dishes is beef stronganoff and he has been ready for me to make a batch. This is an easy recipe to make and to make it healthier, we use whole wheat pasta and low fat sour cream. I prefer the I LOVE Meat and Poultry pan from the “I Love Cooking” cookware line as part of the Original GreenPan collection.
The original GreenPan gained a lot of attention when their ceramic coated pans hit the shelves in 2007. Since then, millions of people have fallen in love with the healthier and easy way to cook when using these ceramic coated pans. The innovative GreenPan cookware is coated with Thermolon™, which is a ceramic non-stick coating which is safe to use. With these non-stick pans, you can cook amazing food without all the oils and other unhealthy fats. The GreenPan also has an extra thick base for a more even heat distribution. The pans also have the wonderful ergonomic stay-cool Bakelite or oven-safe stainless steel handles, which make handling easier and more comfortable. Another reason I love these pans is because they are super easy to clean!
I received the I LOVE Meat and Poultry pan, which retails for $50 on the GreenPan website as well as Amazon and other fine retailers. It has a raised ribbed surface, which is perfect for grilling your favorite cuts of meat and poultry. With the new Thermolon™ Marathon, you get a coating that lasts even with intensive usage and cleaning. It is also dishwasher safe hard, has oven safe stainless steel handles, is riveted for an extra strong hold and comes in either a grey or cream Thermolon™ ceramic non-stick coating. Be sure to follow GreenPan on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. One USA reader will win one I Love Meat and Poultry GreenPan ARV $50.
Beef Stroganoff With Whole Wheat Pasta Recipe:
- ½ stick butter
- 1½ pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed fat free cream of chicken soup
- ¼ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 bag of whole wheat pasta
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add steak strips, onion, and garlic, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until steak is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Add flour and pepper; mix well. Add the soups and mushrooms; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Serve immediately over whole wheat pasta.
What is your favorite meal to cook in the fall?