Even though summer is coming to a close and fall is almost upon us, spending time outdoors is still a favorite past time. Actually, this is the best time to be heading out to enjoy your favorite outdoor activity. The overbearing heat of summer is fading and the cooler temperatures of fall are slipping in. Did you know that 97% of Americans think it is important to spend time outside, but two-thirds do not think they get enough of it? That sounds a lot like many people I know, that is for sure! You know you do not need a lot of money or equipment to get up and head outdoors to spend some time with your family. Here are the activities families like the most that made the list:
5 Favorite Outdoor Activities For Families
- Biking: An afternoon biking around the neighborhood is great exercise and is a lot of fun for the whole family to enjoy.
- Camping: Spending the night under a blanket of stars is a great way to bond and spend time with your family.
- Hiking: While you are out there camping with the family, be sure to head up some of those beautiful trails and take a hike!
- Fishing: If you are going to be camping, why not try and catch your dinner? Fishing is an inexpensive sport the whole family can do together. It sure beats fast food!
- Wildlife Adventure: While you are outside enjoying the great weather and foliage of nature, watch for the wildlife. The kids will love trying to sneak a peek at the animals, insects and bugs which abound in the woods.
When you are packing your supplies for your adventure into the great outdoors, you better make sure you have a good insect repellent! There is nothing that will spoil one of the best outdoor activities for families than a bunch of bug bites! According to a recent OFF! ® survey, kids would like to spend more time outside but they do not want to have bugs bothering them. If most of us love to be outside, why should we let some little bugs, well, bug us! With a huge array of products from Off!, you are protected from virtually every insect that could possibly interfere with your outing.
Because most Americans love being outside, they do not want to mess with the threat of bugs. As a matter of fact, bugs are the number one factor which can spoil your time outdoors. This is more than sudden swings in weather at 47% and allergies, which comes in at 36%. Also, more women than men may not go outside due to bugs. That is a lot of us ladies who are staying inside because of a little pest! So what do you use to defend yourself? Product from Off! like OFF!® Clip-On™, OFF!® Bug Control Backyard Pretreat and OFF! Deep Woods®.
According to an independent study, If given the chance, six out of 10 people would choose to avoid mosquito bites over blisters for the rest of their lives. Not only are mosquitoes a bother, they can be deadly. The West Nile virus is an infection which is transmitted by mosquitoes. It is believed the West Nile virus is spread when a mosquito bites an infected bird and then bites a human being. The best way to combat the West Nile virus is to avoiding exposure to mosquitoes. The best way to avoid that is to use the products from off! For more information about OFF!® products, visit OFF!® online.
What is your favorite outdoor activity to participate in with your family.