On the weekends, I love to get in the kitchen with the kids and cook. We usually make a yummy breakfast from scratch as my mom did when my sister and I were younger. This weekend is no exception, and with the snow piled up outside, there is no better time to hang out in your pajamas all day and eat a fresh and hot breakfast! When we cook, I try to make it as healthy as possible. I will substitute higher fat items for a lower fat version and use fresh ingredients when possible. We love blueberries and oatmeal, so I decided to make my Blueberry Oatmeal Pancake Recipe this weekend. I wanted to share it with you and hope you love it as much as we do!
I thought it would be fun to serve the kids breakfast in bed, so I did! I used my beautiful wooden tray, which sells for $75, I received from Mela Artisans and breakfast looked perfect! The tray is petite and the engraving is just beautiful and was perfect to serve my mini pancakes on!
Mela Artisans offers products for the home, fashion accessories, jewelry and gifts. They take the classic traditional handcrafted designs from the artisan community and add a modern flair. The result is a beautifully unique and functional design you will treasure for years to come.
One USA reader will win a wooden tray from Mela Artisans $75
- 1.5 cups of oatmeal
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp, sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1.5 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk, reduced fat is fine
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat griddle or large pan
- Spray with cooking spray (I use butter flavor)
- In a large bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients. Add in your eggs and slowly add your buttermilk, mixing as you go. Once everything is mixed well, fold in your blueberries.
- Drop between ⅛-1/4 cup of batter onto griddle. I use a ⅛ measuring cup that has a lip on it for easy pouring
- Brown and flip and brown on opposite side.
- Serve hot and add blueberry syrup, fresh blueberries or any other topping you like.
What are you making for breakfast this weekend?