I recently partnered with the The J.M. Smucker Company to join a blog hop using a new product and I wanted to share with you…Purely Simple! The Pillsbury Purely Simple Baking Mixes and Frostings use simple ingredients, containing no colors, preservatives, or artificial flavors. I sampled the Purely Simple Sugar Cookie Mix and made these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. As part of the sampling I was a participant in a blogger baking hop. How fun! Each one of us made a treat from one of the Pillsbury Purely Simple mixes and mailed it to a fellow blogger. Wasn’t the packaging too cute on the treats I received.
I mailed my Purely Simple baked treat to Eighty mph mom. You can read her post here. I received the Purely Simple baked treat of Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Brownies from Heather at Freebies for Mom.
Doesn’t that look just delicious! The caramel inside was so yummy!
The Purely Simple line by Pillsbury is just that…purely simple.
You can create so many different recipes besides sugar cookies from a box of sugar cookie mix. I can’t wait to see what all the bloggers have made.
- 1 box Pillsbury Purely Simple sugar cookie mix
- ¼ c unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ c butter, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ½ c powdered sugar
- Add the cocoa to the cookie mix and sift.
- Mix in the sour cream, egg and butter until a dough forms.
- Pour powdered sugar into a shallow bowl
- Roll 1 inch dough balls and then coat them with the powdered sugar
- Place 2 inches apart on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 at 375 degrees