So many of us blow through our days in the blink of an eye. Our time is packed full of car pools, meetings, homework, careers and so many other things. Sadly, many of us do not take the time to rejuvenate ourselves when we feel depleted. We all need to recharge our batteries but we may not know exactly how to do that. If you could create a zen space in your home, what would that look like to you? When you think of that space, do you picture a peaceful and relaxing space? It is actually quite simple to create that area to relax and let the stress of your day drain from you. Here are a few tips to get that perfect get away space for yourself:
5 Steps To Creating A Meditation Space
- Use Earth Tones: When you use the soft tones like gray, white, shades of beige or pink beige, you feel relaxed.
- Use Natural Fabrics: Choosing a light color fabric and make sure it is comfortable like linen or wool.
- Use Simple Furniture: Choose furniture with minimal and clean lines, like a Scandinavian or modern feel. Use woods like teak or oak.
- Use Natural Elements: Try to incorporate the natural elements of fire with candles, water with a fountain, earth like the soil in plants and wind like a ceiling fan.
- Use Relaxation Tools: To get relaxed and gain energy, use relaxation tools like soft music and tools like an acupressure mat from Bed of Nails.
Although you may be thinking you do not have time for meditation, you really cannot afford not to make the time. If you run your batteries down too far, you will have a difficult time getting them recharged. When you run low on energy and peace, you open yourself up for depression, lethargy and many physical ailments. When you create a meditation space and use an acupressure mat, like the one from Bed of Nails, you can naturally heal your bodily aches and pains as well as your spiritual ones as well! Acupressure has been around for a long time, but not everyone knows about it or its healing properties. With the Bed of Nails mat/pillow and new candle line, you can create a beautiful and sacred spot in your home for under $150. You can do this in a small space like your office, bedroom or living room and it is there any time you need a grown up time out!
The Bed of Nails Mat and Pillow will relax and rejuvenate you by stimulating the acupressure points in your body. The mat uses over 8,000 non-toxic plastic spikes which stimulate points in the body. In just 10 minutes a day, you will receive the healing benefits of acupressure. When you lay on the The Bed of Nails, it allows our body to release its own natural neurotransmitters and hormones. The endorphins is the happiness drug which creates a euphoric sense of joy, well-being and energy. With the oxytocin, which is a natural hormone, your body can recuperate and create a feeling of calmness and satisfaction. When you use the Bed of Nails for 10 minutes a day, you really can feel energetic and be relaxed at the same time! Your body will quickly adapt to the self-treatment of healing. You can learn about all of the healing benefits in detail on their website. Be sure to follow Bed of Nails on Twitter.
Enjoy this short video showing you how to use the Bed of Nails mat and pillow:
Do you have a zen area in your home or office?