Are you trying to lose weight? If so, you know how incredibly difficult it can be. For myself, like many people, I am no longer able to eat like I did a few decades or so ago! Do you remember the days when your metabolism was so revved up you could just stop eating a cheeseburger and fries a few times a week and lose 5 pounds? I wish it were that easy to lose weight now that I am in my 50’s, but sadly, it is not. I will say I have been pleasantly surprised at how fun losing weight can be if you have the right attitude. I decided to explore different recipes, eat organic and Non GMO and fill up on lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains. So far, it has been pretty good!
The one area of dieting that continues to trip me up is my snacking. I usually get the craving for snack foods a few hours after dinner while my husband and I are watching TV. You know the drill! You sit there watching your favorite shows and mindless shovel a bowl full of high calorie chips into your mouth. Well, that is no good for your diet, so I have a much better option for you. How about a much more healthy snack food that will not pack on the pounds but tastes great?! With the hummus, lentil, pomegranate and quinoa chips from Simply 7 Snacks, you get a whole lotta flavor without a whole lotta calories!
I am absolutely in love with these chips and so is my entire family. I was recently sent a huge array of the chips from Simply 7 Snacks and we hardly have any left! I swear they are so freaking tasty, you will not believe they are a healthier chip! With flavors like sour cream and onion, sea salt, barbecue, roasted red pepper and bruschetta, you are going to love these chips! You will not find any GMO’s, preservatives, anything artificial or trans fats. What you will find is a vegan, gluten free and vegetarian chip for your family to enjoy. To go with the chips, I made one of my favorite low calorie dips; my Under 100 Calories Cuban Black Bean Dip Recipe. It goes great with the Simply 7 Snacks chips. One USA reader will win a variety of chips for Simply 7 ARV $50. Be sure to follow Simply 7 on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and join the Snack Squad for savings, chances to win personalized bags of the Simply 7 Snacks chips and more.
- 1 (6-oz.) package Cuban-style black bean soup mix or 2 cans of seasoned Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 2 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- Bring soup mix, olive oil, and 2½ cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and beans are tender. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Process soup mixture, lime juice, cumin, and chile powder in a food processor 20 seconds or until smooth. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container up to 2 days. Spread center of dip with low fat sour cream and garnish with scallions and tomatoes
Which of the Simply 7 Snacks chip flavors would you like to try?