This is a Fashionista Event Opportunity, and is hosted by Still Blonde after all these YEARS and Modly Chic. Monroe and Main partnered with the Fashionista bloggers to browse their site at Monroe and Main and complete the fashion challenge!
“Find versatile holiday fashions to easily transition from desk to dinner, daytime festivities to nighttime celebrations, or work life to weekend life at Monroe and Main!”
When I used to work for corporate America, on Fridays and during the holidays, the girls and I would often go out at night when our workday was through. We all had quite the commute to work, so going home to change before going out to the office party or to meet up with friends was not a popular option. Thankfully it is fairly easy to transition from work to play by using a few of these day to night outfit ideas. You can find helpful fashion posts like this one on the Monroe and Main blog as well.
5 Day To Night Outfit Ideas
- Change Your Shoes: This is the easiest way I find to kick up my heels for the night. I am a huge fan of boots and you can find several of my favorites featured from Monroe and Main and her sister sites. These are the three pair I purchased recently. The Rose and Leopard Boot, Back Lace-up Boot, and the Side Lace Up Boot.
- Add Jewelry: Adding a statement piece to your day outfit will always bring some sparkle to your night!
- Wear a Versatile Piece: The Monroe and Main Any Which Way Sweater has so many options, you can just move the neck around to change your whole day! The top is so soft and comfortable. You can maneuver cowl neck several different ways, a few of which are shown in this post.
- Add Accessories: Just the right accessories such as a scarf or the perfect purse can completely change the look and intention of your outfit!
- Change/Add a Jacket: Blazer by day, waist jacket by night! Hide the sleeveless slinky dress under a blazer and remove it at night to show the shoulder! Wowza!
First Make Sure You Are Choosing Your Outfits For Your Shape
When selecting my outfit for this post, I used Dressing for your Body Shape to help me pick out my outfits. I have a pear shape which means I am blessed with a fuller frame at the hips and bottom (from my Italian genes), but generally have a smaller upper body (from my Cherokee genes). It is suggested if you’re trying to slim down your waist and hips,wear a pair of dark colored bottoms and/or pants with a wide, straight-leg cut. The pants I received last year are a great example.
You should also bring attention to your upper half to keep you looking less bottom-heavy. Select vibrant colors and prints to draw attention away from a fuller waist using your top to fall past your hips. I decided to browse the Tunic tops because they help portray a taller and leaner appearance.
Other great reads on their blog are Tricks to Broaden Your Wardrobe and How to Brighten Basic Black. Want to be inspired with new fashion tips and be the first to know of Monroe and Main’s new arrivals? Follow Monroe and Min on all of their social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, and Pinterest. They love to interact, so reach out and say hi! I know you cannot wait to get started creating your holiday outfit from Monroe and Main. You can begin by entering to win a giveaway for the Monroe and Main Holiday Accessories Prize Bundle valued at $104. US only. Each blogger on the linky below is hosting their own giveaway as well, so visit each one to increase your chances.