Do you follow in your parent’s footsteps or forge your own path? Does the equation change if your parent is a super-villain? Is this conflict just a thinly veiled metaphor for the region’s well documented history of social upheaval? What are the long term costs of imprisonment for both free citizens and the incarcerated, and does banishment make moral or fiscal sense? Ponder these questions and others while watching the next generation of Disney heroes navigate their action-packed lives.
Perplexed by a moral conundrum, yet confident in their wardrobe choices, our heroes will try to balance the lessons of the past with the promise of a brighter future when deciding how to use their power and influence. It is possible that given fantastic hair, we could all find ourselves making better decisions. It would just be one less thing to worry about. It is also possible that the time and effort involved in the creation of these tonsorial flights of fancy are submerged beneath the plot to alleviate boredom. This would mean that there is no causal relationship between good hair care decisions and moral turpitude.
Fans of the High School Musical franchise will be excited to see the talented fingerprints of Kenny Ortega all over this production, as he produces, directs and choreographs the footsteps of the talented cast. Generations of acting talent are brought together as the portrayals of Disney’s canonical family tree branches ever skyward.
- Director: Kenny Ortega (“High School Musical” franchise)
- Executive Producer: Kenny Ortega (“High School Musical” franchise) and Wendy Japhet (“The Italian Job,” “An Education”)
- Producer: Tracey Jeffrey
- Writers: Josie McGibbon (“Runaway Bride,” “Chicken Little”) and Sara Parriott (“Runaway Bride,” “Chicken Little”)
- Choreographers: Kenny Ortega (“High School Musical” franchise) and Paul Becker (“The Cabin in the Woods,” “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1”)
- Kristin Chenoweth (“Wicked,” TV’s “Glee”) as Maleficent
- Dove Cameron (TV’s “Liv & Maddie”) as Mal, the daughter of Maleficent
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (“The Game,” “Miss Congeniality”) as Cruella de Vil
- Cameron Boyce (TV’s “Jessie”) as Carlos, the son of Cruella de Vil
- Maz Jobrani (“The Interpreter,” “13 Going on 30”) as Jafar
- Booboo Stewart (“X-Men Days of Future Past,” “Twilight”) as Jay, the son of Jafar
- Kathy Nijimy (“WALL-E,” “Sister Act”) as the Evil Queen
- Sofia Carson (TV’s “Austin & Ally”) as Evie the daughter of the Evil Queen
- Mitchell Hope (“Down the Way,” “Yes Mum”) as Ben, the son of Beast and Belle
- Melanie Paxson (“Saving Mr. Banks,” “Happy Family”) as the Fairy Godmother
- Brenna D’Amico as Jane, the daughter of Fairy Godmother
- Sarah Jeffery (“Shades of Blue,” “Rogue”) as Audrey, the daughter of Princess Aurora
- Zachary Gibson (“Zapped”) as Doug the son of Dopey
- Jedidiah Goodacre (“If There Be Thorns,” “Zapped”) as Chad Charming, the son of Cinderella
- Dianne Doan (“Last Night in Suburbia”) as Lonnie, the daughter of Mulan
- Release Date: July 31, 2015 (Direct Pre-Book: 6/2; Distributor Pre-Book: 6/16)
- Release Format: DVD
- Bonus Features:
- Backstage Dance Rehearsals – Join the cast for their rigorous dance rehearsals conducted by director Kenny Ortega.
- Bloopers – Kristin Chenoweth and the cast crack-up on set.
- #Mal – #fakeaccounts #bestofMal #funnymoments #VideoAndGraphics2TellMoreOfHerStory
- Ratings: TV-G (US); G (Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Widescreen (Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions)
- Audio: 2.0 Dolby Digital
- Languages: English, French & Spanish
Get Disney’s Descendants on DVD July 31st!