Egg Beaters Lemon Bars
Author: Egg Beaters
Recipe type: Dessert
Egg Beaters are real eggs minus the yolk and make a great lower fat alternative without sacrificing the nutrients you receive from eggs.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick
- ½ cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine 1 cup of the flour and ¼ cup of the granulated sugar in medium bowl. Cut in Fleischmann's with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Beat Egg Beaters, lemon peel, lemon juice, the remaining ¼ cup flour and the remaining ¾ cup granulated sugar with wire whisk until well blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Cut into 16 bars to serve. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
You can find more recipes like this using Egg Beaters at the Egg Beater website. You can connect with ConAgra on Facebook and Twitter.