I think no matter what your economic position is in life, we should be watching our pennies. We should be fiscally responsible for our children, our friends, family, neighbors and anyone else we share this planet with. One way we can do that is by saving money at home, which can be quite easy to do. I plan my menus at least a week ahead and shop accordingly. Then I cook once a week and freeze our meals so we can take less time and energy to heat them up. Another way I try to cut back is on our energy bill and I found some great tips to do that. Here is what I found:
Tips For Saving On Your Electric Bill
- Kitchen: In the fridge, set the temperature between 37-40 degrees and clean your coils. This makes the fridge work smarter not harder, therefore cutting your energy use.
- Laundry: Follow the directions on your detergent as if you put too much in, you can make the machine work twice as hard as it should. Also, be sure to wash on cold whenever possible to cut the bill even more.
- Water Heater: If you lower your water heater from 140 to 120 degrees, you can save up to 10% on your energy bill.
- Lighting: Change your existing light bulbs to the more eco friendly version and remember to turn the lights off when you leave a room.
- Heating And Air: In the winter, turn the heat down to 68 degrees and in the summer, turn the air up to 72 degrees. For each degree you go below or above those numbers, you can increase your energy bill by as much as 3%. In my house, we prefer to have a fan on when the weather gets cooler instead of keeping the air on for saving on your electric bill. For me, I prefer the incredibly high tech and well made products from Ozeri, which I received through Moderna Housewares.
Saving On Your Electric Bill
If you are looking for sleek and modern digital products, Ozeri is one of the leaders in the digital home products industry. By working with companies like Moderna Housewares, who is one of their top distributors, they have surged in sales. Ozeri was initially found in exclusively luxury time shares and condos all over the US. Now the public is able to enjoy the same high quality products from Ozeri in commercial as well as residential properties. Because their popularity spread through the hospitality industry, they were all ready well known. This cut down on their need for advertising and they have been able to pass the saving via affordable products to the public, which can be found online at Amazon. Moderna Housewares is a distributor of some of the finest lifestyle products available for the modern home. Their innovative home and lifestyle products are from award-winning brands like Ozeri, Ravi, Wine Shield, and other emerging brands.
I was sent the Ozeri Ultra 42 inch Wind Fan – Adjustable Oscillating Tower Fan with Noise Reduction Technology, which sells for $129.95 on Amazon, but can be found for as low as $99.95 there. This stylish and space-saving design fits perfectly in our living room decor. You get more air velocity with less noise, so we can run it anytime, watch TV or talk without being disturbed. The fan has 3 preprogrammed airflow patterns and 3 ultra quiet speed settings with 90 degree oscillation for optimal air circulation. It comes with a remote, which my husband has commandeered as his own. So much for the fan being for the whole family, right?! Be sure to visit Ozeri on Facebook .