I am one of those women who tinkers with the house a lot! I am always moving a picture to another wall or changing a pillow or rug in the room. I get bored easily and I love the ability to change my living space easily. When we moved into our house, I had the most fun decorating because we started from scratch. We wanted a fresh start in our lives, so we decided to literally sell everything we had and buy as much new as we could afford. The result was a lot of added color and personality to our home that was all our own. Because the living room is the main focus of the house, I spent most of my decorating time in that room. Afterwards, I moved on to the kids room and the result are a couple of pretty cool rooms! The one room I neglected was my bedroom because I usually take care of everyone else before myself. When my older daughter was in town recently, she goaded me into making a few changes in my bedroom. If you are trying to add a touch of elegance to your bedroom, here are some ideas:
How To Add Elegance To A Room
- Paint: An easy and affordable way to dramatically change a room is to paint either all or one or two walls. Some color suggestions that will add a level of sophistication are plum, gray, mustard, steel blue or cinnamon.
- Wallpaper: A trend that is gaining popularity is wallpaper, especially with texture. There are a ton of affordable wallpaper options that work for any room. Choose a neutral color that will go with anything that has an interesting texture.
- Art: A set or trio of framed prints that have a similar theme will add a lovely touch to any room. Right now, I am really into Paris, so I have a set of prints that shows the Eiffel Tower in one and The Louvre in the other. They make the room look much more grown up!
- Lighting: If you can find a beautiful chandelier or other hanging lighting, you can immediately change the look as well as the mood in a room. Choose something that is pretty but no too busy.
- Bedding: Bedding is always a fun, easy and affordable ideas on how to add elegance to a room. With the many selections in their bedding area, you cannot go wrong with the selections from Brylane Home.
Brylane Home is a place you can go for all of your home and outdoor decor needs. Whether it be a bench for the garden, a bed set for the guest bedroom or a desk for your child’s room, they probably have what you are looking for! There are thousands of products on the Brylane Home website and it can get a bot dizzying when you begin your shopping adventure! The prices are quite affordable but that does not equate with poor quality. You will only find the most top notch products that may possibly be surpassed only by the stellar customer support team that backs them up. You are in good hands with Brylane Home for your home decor needs. With their many sister companies, they have you covered in other areas as well. You can shop for women’s clothing from Jessica London, OneStopPlus.com, Woman Within, full beauty and Romans. For the big and tall man in your life, they offer King Size and for even more affordable prices, you can shop at Bargain Catalog Outlet.
For easy ways to add elegance to a room, changing out your bedding is one of the easiest. Heck, all you do is toss of the old and throw on the new and you have a completely different look! I was sent the gorgeous 20-piece Brianna bedding set, which sells for $289.99 but is currently on sale for an incredible $144.99. The set includes the comforter, bed skirt, pillows, shams, curtains, valances, tie backs and pillow cases. I love the bright yellow/gold and grey medallion pattern, which reverses to a geometric print in the same sunny yellow and white. The comforter is by far my favorite because it is the most comfortable I have ever owned! It is lightweight but not thin by any means and has such impeccable stitching. The 4 reversible pillows come in two sizes and when I had my shoulder surgery, were a huge help to me, let me tell you! I absolutely love my new bedding and Chelsea was just thrilled when I sent her pictures of my new look. You can shop for your hoe decor products at Brylane home by visiting their website. Be sure to like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter to stay up to date with all of their latest information and deals.