As people have progressed through the decades with technology, it is mind boggling how far we have come. If you look at just the last 50 years, we have introduced cell phones, personal computers, electric cars and so many other amazing products. What is surprising is for a country that is so advanced technology, we are so far behind nutritionally. When it comes to food, it seems we have taken many steps backwards. We are the heaviest country in the world and people have more negative health issues that are directly connected to our weight than in any other country. We should take cue from athletes who eat for energy instead of eating for comfort, entertainment and a boredom buster. Here is some great information to help you see food differently:
- Know Your Limits: Your body and food are like a car and gasoline; both need fuel. When you are filling your car’s tank, you always stop before it overflows. So should you treat your body! When you eat and become full, you need to stop. That is all your body needs and anything more is like the overflowing gas in a cars tank.
- Quality Not Quantity: You may have heard that when you are eating healthy, you should shop around the perimeter of the grocery store. This is because your fresh produce and proteins are located their. Where are the cookies, chips and sodas sold? Yes, in the middle aisles of the store. Just like your mother told you less is more when it comes to makeup, the same holds true for food.
- Change Your Mind: Many who overeat, do so based on an emotional cue rather than a physiological cue. Once you are able to see food objectively you can begin to switch off the emotional part of eating. When you want to turn to food for comfort, you must find another distraction. If this happens to you, read a book, go for a walk, play tag with your kids. Just don’t eat!
- Gain Control: Once you get the emotional side out of eating, you are able to begin to take control of your health. No longer are you looking for a high in your food but rather in your life. You are in control of what goes into your body, so exercise that dominance and refuse the processed foods and sugars.
- Eat With A Purpose: When you are eating to fuel your body, you cannot be lazy about eating anymore. Where it is too easy to open a bag or chips or the container of ice cream, it does take more effort to eat healthy. To make things easier, pre cut your veggies for snacks, portion out your carbs and proteins. When you feel lazy, look to the athletes of the world who eat only those foods that give them the energy to perform. One of those foods is the Chia, an edible seed that is a member of the mint family and can be found in Mexico. This powerhouse can be found in a variety of ways from Health Warrior, an online company who is serious about health.
See Food As Fuel
Once you make the decision to see food differently, you are empowering yourself. Power is knowledge, so when you arm yourself with the facts about how your body needs to be fed, you gain the power to change your health. At Health Warrior, they understand very well how important it is to treat food as it is meant to be treated. Their belief is that once you see food as fuel, and eat those fuel foods, your body can do amazing things. Chia, the powerfully nutrient dense food, is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, and many important minerals. If you mix water with the Chia seed, it forms a gel coating in your stomach, which slows down the process of turning carbs into sugar. Health Warrior sells the Chia seed, either black or white, in its natural form by the 16 oz bag. By buying the Chia in seed form, you can use it in recipes, ground and sprinkled on food, mixed in water and many other ways. You can also buy Chia Bars, which come in three delicious flavors: Coconut, Acai Berry and Chocolate Peanut Butter. With the Chia bars, you can grab one and go and it will keep you full and fueled for hours. My favorite is the Coconut. I keep one of these in my purse just for a healthy snack to grab on the go. I love that they are only 100 calories. The perfect guilt-free snack.
This is not only the perfect food for maintaining a healthy body, but for a weight loss tool that can be added to many diets. You can purchase a 16 ounce bag of Chai seeds for $12.99 as well as a box of 15 bars for $23.50 online at Health Warrior as well as Amazon and many healthy grocery stores nationwide. Two winners will be chosen from Makobi Scribe each receiving five of each flavor of the Chia Bars at a value of $25.