Moving into a new place can be exciting as well as daunting. When I move, I am like a well oiled machine because I have done it so many times. I can pack my entire house and have it ready for moving say in less than 2 days. When we get to our new place, I cannot sleep until virtually everything is set up. By this, I mean beds are put together and made, curtains are hung and if possible, wall decor is up as well. The last time I moved, I had single box unpacked, every picture hung and every knick knack in place in less than 48 hours! The trick to make a new house feel like home is to give it as much warmth as possible. This can be done in a variety of ways, including these tips:
- Plants: Adding live plants always makes a home more welcoming. There is something about the greenery that just adds the right touch.
- Flooring: If you have hardwoods, tile or laminate, adding a few colorful area rugs adds personality to a room. This is a great tip that takes literally seconds to accomplish.
- Paint: If you want to make a quick change that will cost you less than $50, paint a room. If you want to save even more and spend even less time, just paint one wall. This small adjustment can make a world of difference.
- Shower Curtain: Bathrooms are often a room left last to be decorated. Because they usually have pretty plain fixtures and hardware, adding a shower curtain with some flair and personality makes it more inviting. Granted, we do not spend a lot of time in there, but it should still be a pretty room in your home.
- Bedding: One of the things I made absolutely sure of when I move is to buy new bedding. I get bored so easily with my bedding and when I get a new house, I feel new bedding is appropriate. Because my sister is moving into a new home after the holidays, I wanted to surprise her with something special. With the unique and custom made duvet covers from DENY Designs, I knew I would find her the perfect thing.
Make A New House Feel Like A Home With New Bedding
When I decided to get my sister something for her new home, I knew I wanted to look to DENY Designs. I am a huge lover of the arts and DENY Designs celebrates artists and their work. I think their format is so unique and clever because they do not just offer a piece of art for your wall. Their artists work can also be put on a magnet board, a pillow, a rug, a clock or even a duvet cover. I feel the prices are absolutely reasonable because you not only get something completely unique but you get a one of a kind piece of art for your home. With their 12 Days of Holidays promotion , they are deeply discounting the products from DENY Designs. When you shop with DENY on December 7th, you can take 30% off your order. What a fantastic deal! I decided I would help make a house feel like a home with new bedding for my sister from DENY Designs.
I chose the gorgeous SONNET Duvet Cover by the artist Iveta Abolina. The duvets range in price from $169 for a Twin to $269 for a king. Ronni has very dark bedroom furniture, so I thought this would go well with her decor. She really loves this particular shade of deep orange and I think it looks so nice against the dark browns and light hues of tan. Iveta is an artist who has a very impressive portfolio. Not only can you find personal illustrations like those on Etsy, but work for television networks and shows like TNT, The Travel Channel and Nurse Jackie. Be sure to follow DENY Designs on Facebook and Twitter to stay current with their latest news and deals.
One USA reader will win a DENY Designs DUVET of their choice ARV $219