Depending on where you live, the weather right now can be pretty different. For those of us in the south, the days are pretty warm already but the evenings are still on the cool side. Some states have not gotten a lot of warm weather while others hot days have arrived. The one thing us fashionistas have in common at this time of year is we need to look and feel great! The tricky thing at this time of year is making that wardrobe transition from spring to summer. I am not sure what pieces I can go ahead and put away and what pieces I should hang onto for a while longer. I decided to do a little research and see what the experts are recommending. Here are my top five favorites:
- Tights Or Leggings: If you want to have an adorable look that is perfect for spring add tights or leggings to a look. Take that cute spring dress or skirt and pair it with tights or leggings and you are ready to go!
- Boots: Keep out a pair of ankle boots and a pair of rain boots. Your part of the country may still be getting those spring showers and you will want those rain boots. For the cooler evenings out on the town, add your ankle boots to that dress and tights you are already wearing!
- Long Sleeves: Keep out a few of your long sleeved shirts that can easily be paired with a skirt, dress pants or a pair of jeans. This is perfect for those evenings when a jacket may be too heavy but short sleeves are going to keep you too chilly.
- Jacket: If you have a light weight jacket in a neutral color, keep that from going into to storage. This item in your closet can go to work, to dinner or for a weekend to shopping with a white blouse and jeans.
- Cardigan: I love cardigans for just about anytime of the year, but especially in the spring to summer time of year. This is a perfect piece to throw over a short sleeved top or dress that can easily be taken off when it gets warmer. Unlike a jacket, a cardigan can be carried more easily if you find yourself without a coat check. One of my favorite pieces just so happens to come from a favorite store of mine: Apricot Collection.
Transition From Spring To Summer
For my clothing style, I wear a lot of layers which helps me transition from spring to summer. I Not only do I love the way it looks, but it is more practical as well. With my traveling as much as I do, I never know what kind of weather to expect. If I start out with layers, I can always take off a piece a lot easier than digging around to add one! That is why cardigans make sense to me because if I find I do not need it anymore, I can easily tuck it into my bag until I get to the hotel. One of my favorite cardigans, the Cosy Cardi, which I have been wearing a lot lately came from Apricot Collection.
The reason I love this cardigan is because it is so versatile. I can wear it with jeans or leggings, a skirt or dress or even with a nice pair of shorts. The longer length is in right now, so I know I am on the trending curve and I am looking great! The clothing and accessories from Apricot Collection are made for women just like me. I am a busy wife, mom and business owner and have separate look for each of those women. The clothing from Apricot Collection covers all of those areas: casual and business and every look in between. The other huge boon to their line is that they are well made and affordable, two important factors for most women. If you are looking for something that is trendy but still stylish and will stand the test of time, this is the clothing line for you! You can purchase the clothing and accessories from Apricot Collection from their website.