This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Farm Rich. All opinions are 100% mine. I know this is supposed to be the the most wonderful time of the year, and I agree…to an extent. It is also a stressful time of the year with all of the commitments, shopping, cooking and entertaining most of us endure. Ah, to be a kid again when the only thing on your mind was the latest toy you were hoping to get! It reminds me a little of Ralphie in A Christmas Story when he is fixated on getting the Red Rider BB Gun he wants. If you are going to enjoy the holidays, you should consider integrating a few holiday hacks. If you are not familiar with the term, a hack is something you do that makes your time spent more efficient. It is like a shortcut, but in a good way, to make your life easier. Here are a few of my favorites:
5 Food Hacks To Make Your Life Easier
- Dental Floss: Are you serving cake or cheese and crackers? Cut the cake or cheese or even your butter for those perfect pats, with unflavored dental floss for a perfectly easy slice every time.
- Ice Cream: If you are serving ice cream with your cake, or on its own, store it in a Ziploc bag. This keeps the ice cream soft and easy to scoop.
- Cookies: Baking a lot of cookies this year? Store them with a slice of bread to keep them moist.
- Prepared Food: Whenever possible, use prepared foods for your appetizers, like the Mozzarella Sticks or Meatballs from Farm Rich. Farm Rich products are perfect for when you need wholesome, quality, convenient food for your family, but you’re in a hurry! Farm Rich products are easy and convenient, made with 100% real cheese, are good sources of protein and calcium and have 0 trans fats!
- Crossover Recipes: To save time in the kitchen, prepare foods that have one or more common ingredients. For example, I made Sweet and Sour Meatballs and served my Mozzarella Sticks with the Sweet and Sour sauce for dipping. This saves you times and money.
I love to entertain during the holidays, or anytime of year for that mater. It is fun to have your friends and family over and hang out, cut up, eat and just relax and let your hair down. The only issue I have with being the hostess with the mostest is that I get stuck in the kitchen and miss out on a lot of the fun. To save time in the kitchen, I have a few hacks of my own. I always prepare as much food as I can ahead of time. My family love the Farm Rich meatballs, which are gluten free and available in original, turkey and Italian.
I can pop them in the crock pot and add just 3 ingredients to make my Sweet and Sour sauce. For the food I cannot make ahead, I try to serve heat and eat foods like the Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks, which I serve with the same sauce recipe I cook the meatballs in. This is my crossover hack from the list above.
Want my recipe for the Sweet and Sour sauce? All you need is one bottle of Heinz Chili sauce, 12 ounces of grape jelly and a little cayenne pepper. Add your favorite of the Farm Rich meatballs and slow cook in the crock pot for 2 hours, or on the stove top for one hour on low, and you are good to go! To make serving easier, I serve my meatballs with little cocktail forks in a bowl, swimming in my sauce.
For the mozzarella sticks, I serve them in a cute Christmas tin. This makes it festive and easy for my guests to grab and go! I purchase my Farm Rich Snacks at Walmart, but you can find them at many stores near you. Just use their convenient Farm Rich Product Finder to find the location nearest you. To make your life easier, Farm Rich is offering a special “”get $1.50 off 2 Farm Rich snacks coupon. Stay in touch with Farm Rich on Pinterest, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter
Do you have any food hacks that make your life easier you want to share?