Fresh Roasted Beets Recipe
Author: Jennifer Medeiros
Recipe type: Vegetable
A foil-free way to roast fresh beets in your oven.
- Fresh Beets
- Covered Baking Dish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash the beets.
- Cut the greens from the beets leaving ½ inch of stems.
- Place beets in a lidded baking dish with ¼ inch of water.
- Cover tightly.
- For small beats - roast for 30 -40 minutes
- For Medium beets - roast 40 -45 minutes
- For Large Beets - roast 50 to 60 mintues
- When you can easily slice with a knife, they are done.
- Let the beets cool in the dish.
- After the beets are cool you can slip the ends off really easily.